SMS threads deleting

swade33

Reaction score
hey everyone,

i was hoping that someone would be able to tell me if this has happened to them or why this would be happening in the first place - i have a moto droid (my second one), and it for the past month has just automatically deleted every single SMS thread that i have had saved. now i am aware of the settings for the SMS and theres an option that says delete old messages, but i have that unchecked and it's still happening and I'm not too sure why. Any advice?

im considering getting my 3rd droid because my first one didn't do this, so i'm hoping/thinking its just this particular phone.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

-BG

nkcavs23

Reaction score
that is a software issue not a hardware issue. getting a new one would not do anything. it deleted all mine once.

Megsy222

Reaction score
This happened to me also. It deleted all my threads a few days ago but hasn't happened since.

Also, not sure if this is related, but on the same day, my contacts got messed up so when I would tap someone's name to text them, it would bring up the SMS but with the wrong name in the "To" box. Or when I would tap the contact to call them, it would call the wrong person. I turned the phone off and back on and that seemed to fix it. Did this happen to anyone else?