SMS thread deletion...

Reaction score
has anyone else had a problem with the messaging app force closing, and having all your messages deleted? this happens over and over again on my droid. any potential remedies?

jaysonstaurt

Reaction score
I've had the same issue since day 1. I was using Handcent and thought it might be the app screwing up but even after I removed it the problem is still there.

You're the first one I've seen post about this issue so it's good to see I'm not alone!

It appears to be a software issue, so taking the phone back probably isn't going to help the situation. For now I'll deal with it and hopefully it will get addressed in the update.

jschillm

Reaction score
I have also had a problem with sms, but i dont lose threads. If i go directly into SMS and start typing in the To box to bring up a contact, some contacts will populate, and others will crash the app.
Its so strange, I can start typing 'KE' and Kevin and other K names will show and work, but if i start typing other letters like SCH for people that are in my contact list, the app just crashes. Force closes.
for those folks i have to go into the contacts list and sms directly from the list.

I have not seen anyone else post anything like this, its not on the bugs list for dec 11th release and the guy at the verizon store was clueless.

gkaradimas

Reaction score
Had issues with this, took it to Verizon and told me it was a software issue (no ****) and that the update MAY help. It was really irritating. I did a hard reset and it seems to be fine now...until it happens again lol

jaysonstaurt

Reaction score
I have also had a problem with sms, but i dont lose threads. If i go directly into SMS and start typing in the To box to bring up a contact, some contacts will populate, and others will crash the app.
Its so strange, I can start typing 'KE' and Kevin and other K names will show and work, but if i start typing other letters like SCH for people that are in my contact list, the app just crashes. Force closes.
for those folks i have to go into the contacts list and sms directly from the list.

I have not seen anyone else post anything like this, its not on the bugs list for dec 11th release and the guy at the verizon store was clueless.

Make sure all of your contacts phone numbers are listed as mobil if you want them to pop up for SMS/MMS. If their number is labeled as work or home it won't suggest them.

jaysonstaurt

Reaction score
Had issues with this, took it to Verizon and told me it was a software issue (no ****) and that the update MAY help. It was really irritating. I did a hard reset and it seems to be fine now...until it happens again lol

Did a hard reset last night hoping for the same results. Well, today, all my SMS threads poofed. I'm wondering if it's an app I use that's causing it. All though I don't use any apps for SMS but the Iphone notifier.

JMody

Reaction score
I would walk into Verizon and be like replace this or I am returning it and getting an iPhone just so you loose a customer. If they say good bye, try their Customer Relations department. They are the ones that can do anything for you to keep your business. You should not need to worry about loosing messages, going to contacts to text someone. That's crap.