SMS / Texting Problem

Wolfeman

Reaction score
I did a search and couldn't find anything about this issue. I have the Moto Droid and I have 1 contact that sometimes I can't text. I send it and it returns "Message not sent" after maybe 10-15 seconds. For some reason when I respond its leaving out her area code even though in my phonebook it has it. I think its the Facebook sync thats causing this. Any ideas?

noordzy77

Reaction score
I had the same problem. It would say that I needed to input the Area code in the address, even though the contact info contained the Area Code. I actually ended up trading in phone for a new one(The contact just happened to be my wife, so there was no way that that phone was going to work).

I spoke to The Verizon Customer Service and Verizon Tech Support and they were as clueless as I. Igot the Tech Support guy to note in my account that I would be in to exchange phone and it all worked out in the end. Got a new phone and haven't had a problem since.

OP
Wolfeman

Wolfeman

Reaction score
I had the same problem. It would say that I needed to input the Area code in the address, even though the contact info contained the Area Code. I actually ended up trading in phone for a new one(The contact just happened to be my wife, so there was no way that that phone was going to work).

I spoke to The Verizon Customer Service and Verizon Tech Support and they were as clueless as I. Igot the Tech Support guy to note in my account that I would be in to exchange phone and it all worked out in the end. Got a new phone and haven't had a problem since.
It had something to do with Facebook I think. I got that contact to stop syncing with Facebook and it stopped happening but now I'm bitter its not synced with Facebook.

On a side note the Blackberry Facebook App is so damn nice compared to the Android one. I switched from a Storm.