SMS text force closes then erases text msg

tripp

Reaction score
My Motorola Droid since the update will force close than erase all my text msg. How can I fix this it is happening a lot

droidman101

Reaction score
My Motorola Droid since the update will force close than erase all my text msg. How can I fix this it is happening a lot

A lot of people are having this same problem, but I'm not sure if anyone has found a solution
A way to save your messages is to install sms backup and restore from the market-but after each time yourm essages erase you will need to restore them through the app.
Sometimes there is a problem with some task killers with messages so if you have a task killer uninstall it then see if the problem is fixed

IggyBcool

Reaction score

I have been having the same issue and its honestly driving me nuts, its happening a few times a day that it will keep force closing and then every now and then it will delete all of my messages. Hope someone can figure out the issue because I'm honestly getting fed up with some of the bugs from the update.

xastecax

Reaction score
I have the same issues..after so many textes i think it force closes and restarts.

Datkidpudge

Reaction score
sameee. i have a thread about this in the other forumm
seems to me alot of droiders have it. but some dont.. it could be hardware related?
idk. ive had 4 droids and most did this. =/

dima1109

Reaction score
It was happening to me long before the update. I was actually hoping the update would fix it, but it didn't. And it doesn't always happen on force closes, sometimes I would send a text, then receive a reply a minute later to discover the thread completely blank.