SMS Recipients

dieselpowered

Reaction score
This has been discussed before, however, I am curious if people are still having the issue of SMS messages going to the incorrect recipients? In the last few hours it has happened to me four time. I get a message from Person A, reply to it, and Person B receives the response and Person A does not.

Very irritating and could really cause issues!

mikedav1

Reaction score
This has been discussed before, however, I am curious if people are still having the issue of SMS messages going to the incorrect recipients? In the last few hours it has happened to me four time. I get a message from Person A, reply to it, and Person B receives the response and Person A does not.

Very irritating and could really cause issues!

Install Handcent and be done with it!

mikedav1

Reaction score
That's a bummer. Maybe clear out the saved messages. Might be confusing it?

Silver Member
Reaction score
have you messed with your thread limit at all? i've seen reports of when bringing up the messaging app, strange behavior occurs where all of the threads are to the same contact or something. so i wonder if it's a result of a bad refresh.

you could try clearing out the cache/data for the messaging app through the application manager or you could try changing a few settings (liek thread limits).

superdave

Reaction score
I've had the issue as well. Sometimes if I leave a messaging thread open from Contact A, and receive a message from Contcact B, that incoming message from Contact B shows up in Contact A's thread until I back out of the thread. If I reply to the thread without backing out to the list different contact threads, the reply goes to Contact B instead of Contact A.