SMS problems with Gingerbread

Tsnub

Reaction score
This is the second time I have had to do a factory reset on my Moto Droid X since getting the OTA Gingerbread update. At first I loved the enhancements of the GB update but after about two weeks, all of a sudden my SMS/E-Mail (using Handsent SMS and stock moto e-mail prog) keyboard became unusable. Nine out of ten times that I used the SPACE bar, while either in SMS or e-mail, the message would go back to the SEND screen. Then, after returning to keyboard entry screen, the letters I typed would no longer appear on the screen, although they would be there when I went back to the SEND screen. I would be able to sllllllowwwwwwllllly bang out a SMS/E-Mail by doing the following: SPACE (goes to SEND screen), go back to keyboard screen, type word, SPACE (goes back to SEND screen)....repeat, repeat, repeat. You get the idea. After initially Googling problem I came across a different forum that said a factory reset was only solution. Did that and all was well....for about two weeks again. Yesterday my SMS/E-Mail keyboard capabilities once again became unusable. Did a factory reset and once again all is well. I am not even going to bother reloading my apps while I wait out the two weeks to see if the whole thing goes in the crapper again. I don't know about you but about 50% of what I do on my "smart"phone is SMS/E-Mail. I came from Blackberry and have missed it ever since but I'm a screen size addict so I want to stay with the X. I-Phone and their proprietary stance on memory and batteries make them a non-option to me. Any suggestions?

tatuud

Reaction score
pretty simple solution without having to do a factory reset...go to settings/applications/manage applications/all/ locate "multi-touch" keyboard, clear data/cache, reboot phone you're good to go. hope this helps

OP
T

Tsnub

Reaction score
pretty simple solution without having to do a factory reset...go to settings/applications/manage applications/all/ locate "multi-touch" keyboard, clear data/cache, reboot phone you're good to go. hope this helps

Thanks for the suggestion! I will try that if it screws up again.