SMS Problem

KazuoX

Reaction score
I've having an issue sending SMS messages to my contacts. I synced all my contacts with my gmail account because I figured it'd be easier to enter them on the computer than using Swype. Anyway, I'm hoping you guys can help me out.

Whenever I go into my contacts and click "Send Message" it brings me to the default messenger as it should. However, in the "To" bar, nothing is listed. The previous contact I selected is nowhere to be found.

I also tried Handcent and the same thing happened. If I leave the bar blank, I get a message saying "Your message has no valid recipient(s)." It only happens with some of my contacts, but I'd say the error rate is about 50%. The only workaround I found is to copy and paste the actual phone number into the "To:" address bar.

Jamis0n

Reaction score
Did you link your contacts to the phone numbers?

8pened!

OP
KazuoX

KazuoX

Reaction score
Did you link your contacts to the phone numbers?

8pened!

I'm not sure what you mean, but if you're wondering if each contact has a mobile number assigned to their name, then yes. It's just that when I click "send message" under some names, both the name and number appear in the "To" field for the SMS message. But when I click other names, that have no visual difference, it'll just display the number and won't allow me to send the message, even though that number is listed as one of my contacts.

Jamis0n

Reaction score
Last question.. on your setting did you choose only numbers listed?

8pened!

OP
KazuoX

KazuoX

Reaction score
I did a hard reset and the problem seems to be solved for the moment. I believe it may have been a conflict between the default messenger app and Launcher Pro.

Jamis0n

Reaction score
Could be q minor glitch. Check within your settings and be sure (if not rooted) to keep root checks off.

8pened!