SMS Popup or Handcents??

dbarrett480

Reaction score
I have really only sent two mms with it since the update and both have worked fine

jrod1990

Reaction score
SMS Popup is the only one I have tried, I love it! It does everything I need it to do. That's what I love about this platform, 2-4 different ways to do something and each one has it's own niche to fit the owner!!!

snalfonsi

Reaction score
are people having problems with handcent not sending MMS message quickly or at all?

I have noticed that I cant send a mms message while on WiFi. looked on handcent's forum at it appears to be an issue. not sure when they will fix this.

ihavekk

Reaction score
sms popup vs handcent

i started out w/ handcent and recently installed sms popup.

while using handcent, i wished that all it did was have a popup function. after finding sms popup, my need for handcent really just dissipated.

yes, with handcent, you have more customization (including the lock feature - which is the only thing i wish the standard sms software had).

but if you're looking for everything handcent can do, excluding customize, then sms popup will do the job.

also, i'm on the droid x, and the latest handcent update makes my LED light stay solid. sms popup allows it to blink.

modified

Reaction score
i started out w/ handcent and recently installed sms popup.

while using handcent, i wished that all it did was have a popup function. after finding sms popup, my need for handcent really just dissipated.

yes, with handcent, you have more customization (including the lock feature - which is the only thing i wish the standard sms software had).

but if you're looking for everything handcent can do, excluding customize, then sms popup will do the job.

also, i'm on the droid x, and the latest handcent update makes my LED light stay solid. sms popup allows it to blink.

To change it from staying solid go into settings and change the blink LED from default to normal. That does the trick.

Josta

Reaction score
I have the SMS, as a deaf person I love being able to set the vibration to three buzzes so I won't miss a message. But I can't seem to increase the LED blink rate although the color changed to the one I want. I emailed the developer but got a response that he does not respond to emails (even though I donated a few bucks).