1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

sms/mms messages getting deleted?

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by tensai, Dec 25, 2009.

1. tensai

tensai New Member

I have "delete old messages" un-checked but today my whole txt inbox got wiped. it was at around 300~ msgs. anyone else experience something like this?
    running 2.0.1, got about a dozen apps, my current uptime is 136hours, so i know it wasnt wiped during a crash/reboot.
  2. tensai

tensai New Member

bump <10char>
  3. JayMonster

JayMonster New Member

There are plenty of thread with people reporting such problems, though it does not seem clear why as yet. Are you using the default messaging app or a replacement like Handcent or ChompSMS? Are you using an app like Advanced Task Killer to close processes? What other apps do you have installed?

Personally I use SMS Backup to keep my old messages (this allows them to be searchable via Gmail), and rarely keep more than 100 messages on my phone. So, since day one I have had no problems or issues... fortunately... but it seems that 300 (or more) becomes the point (so far) where people are having issues.
  4. Signum

Signum Member

this has happened to me twice already using handecent. first time was about 2 weeks ago, second time yesterday at work. weird part is, it happened on my co-workers droid at the same time yesterday
Search tags for this page
android sms keeps getting deleted
apps for deleted mms messages
can i recover deleted messages from chomp sms
deleting threads on mms
galaxy s3 how do you recover deleted multimedia messages

how to recover deleted mms android

how to recover deleted mms messages

how to recover deleted picture messages android
how to retreive deleted messages in galaxy s4
mms message was deleted
old mms text message retrieval