SMS Messaging Bug Sending Texts to Wrong Recipient on Android

y0manda

Reaction score
maybe google should fix the instant 60%-10% battery drop issue while their at it.

GrillMouster

Reaction score
Thankfully this hasn't happened to anyone in my household. If it did, it would probably warrant us jumping from the Android ship.

devator22

Reaction score
Sometimes when I click on a thread it opens a different thread instead...but it has never just flat out sent a text to the wrong person. It still can cause problems if I'm not paying attention though.

Sent from my brain, with the help of my Droid...

AtreyuRock

Reaction score
I was the recepient of added text. What I mean is, my g/f sent me a text, and there was an added sentence to it, that she did not write or send. We compared phones, and hers did not have the added text obviously, since she said she didn't write it, however on my phone I had an additional sentence tagged on to her original text.

I hope they fix this.

Lenagainster

Reaction score
Thankfully this hasn't happened to anyone in my household. If it did, it would probably warrant us jumping from the Android ship.
Wow! There's loyalty for ya.
BTW, be aware that the iPhone has an unresolved texting problem as well. Send a text on an iPhone with an emoticon in it and it won't get delivered to a VZW customer. And you won't know it (no feedback of non-delivery) unless you ask the person you tried to send it to.

dashtwo

Reaction score
This happened to me 1 time about 3 months ago. It was right after i installed Desktop Visualizer and set up some direct text shortcuts. I assumed it was the app and uninstalled it. haven't had it happen again since but maybe i will try the app again.

geoff5093

Reaction score
Sometimes when I click on a thread it opens a different thread instead...but it has never just flat out sent a text to the wrong person. It still can cause problems if I'm not paying attention though.

Sent from my brain, with the help of my Droid...
Sounds like the same problem, sometimes if I want to send a quick text I will click on the conversation for the person I intend to send it to and start typing and click send, then later realize it went to the wrong conversation.

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
Sounds like the same problem, sometimes if I want to send a quick text I will click on the conversation for the person I intend to send it to and start typing and click send, then later realize it went to the wrong conversation.

Sounds like some us are going faster than our phones are capable. I know that's happened to me a few times; click a convo and start typing, turns out to be the wrong person. Luckily I've exited out (and it saves it as a draft) then I go back in and see it was in the wrong thread. That only happened twice, and I figured it was because my threads were getting too long (over 2k with one person), so I wiped em out and keep them at a good size, I've never had a problem (that I know of) since.

DroidGurl

Reaction score
My texts going to other parties and all of my messages disappearing has happened quite a number of times on the Droid 1. Very frustrating. Had a major messaging freak out today when I lost all texts, my boyfriend texted me, I tried to have a conversation with him but it split sending to him and someone else, then one of the replies appeared to come from another totally different person that I haven't heard from in months so I know it wasn't real. Sigh.

Is it Android or the Droid 1? Or Android ON the Droid 1?

Droid101

Reaction score
My texts going to other parties and all of my messages disappearing has happened quite a number of times on the Droid 1. Very frustrating. Had a major messaging freak out today when I lost all texts, my boyfriend texted me, I tried to have a conversation with him but it split sending to him and someone else, then one of the replies appeared to come from another totally different person that I haven't heard from in months so I know it wasn't real. Sigh.

Is it Android or the Droid 1? Or Android ON the Droid 1?

Welt it is a bug in the sms app on android which is causing this. Google has said they were working on a fix for it so you should see a fix of some sort soon hopefully. But this is not just restricted to the Droid 1 but throughout all of the various android software versions.

I have a droid 1 as well with the same problems so hopefully when the fix does arrive it will solve the issues.