SMS messages not receieved

Discussion in 'Team D1-MIUI' started by woodengineer, Feb 17, 2011.

1. woodengineer

woodengineer New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is going to make me have to abandon MIUI for some time..it's getting absurd. I missed more than 15 messages tonight. It is probably happening to all of you and you just haven't noticed it/hasn't been as bad as this yet. It's been happening the last few builds and it needs a fix or the ROM is essentially dead (who the hell wants to not get sms messages?). I am currently using the newest build btw.

I've tried only using the MIUI messaging app (no change), I've tried Handcent (no change) and a few others...everything leads to the same result. I will also receive many of the same message from people (even if they only sent it once) and on occasion when I reboot my phone it will resend all the messages sent to a person on my contact list (wtf?)....this is a pretty serious issue.

2. tux2k47

tux2k47 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'll second you my man, I've (over the last couple days) ever since I upgraded to the latest build, I've had nothing but problems with SMS. I have missed numerous text messages from many important contacts and I sound like I'm crazy on the phone when I tell them I never received them. I have tried other Roms for example switching back to BB I have 0 issues with SMS.

It has to be an issue with either or the ROM or the built in Messaging App in MIUI. If I remember correctly I thought MIUI had its own custom .apk instead of using the stock Android messaging app... But ya I love the MIUI interface but I was forced to switch back until this issue is resolved.

3. napes22

napes22 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That happened to me 2 weeks back. I haven't had issues on the newest rom though.

Are you having issues with all texts not coming in, or just from certain contacts?

4. woodengineer

woodengineer New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    All contacts it seems. :-(

5. Loooney2ns

Loooney2ns Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm having the opposite. The last few builds I missed many texts and calls. This build has been rock solid so far.

6. dawg55

dawg55 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had this issue with the last build but so far my SMS/MMS has been working fine, or at least as far as I know.

Search tags for this page

miui message not sent