SMS Location?

David16k

Reaction score
I have just copied my SMS messages from my SIM to my phone memory, but I can't seem to find them anywhere. Aren't they supposed to show up in the Messaging app?

Stupid question: Where is the outbox?

thelion

Reaction score
You don't have a SIM. Do you mean SD? I think you mean SD. I would think they would show up in the messaging app however I use Handcent not the native app so I'm not sure.

OP
D

David16k

Reaction score
My SMS messages are stored on my SIM-card and I copied them to the phone memory. They just don't show up anywhere.

NickWgnr

Reaction score
SIM card? You don't have a SIM card... You have a SD card however.
Are you trying to say you had a phone that took a SIM card and put them on a SD card and then are trying to put it on your DROID? I don't think that would work seeing as info from a SIM card would be completely foreign on a VZW phone. Please clarify on all aspects of this so we can all try to get you an answer.

Wagner :motdroidvert:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
There is no SIM card in your phone. VZW doesn't use these. Also, if you're trying to save an SMS it's going to save on your SD card, not your internal memory.

OP
D

David16k

Reaction score
I'm using an unlocked (not rooted) Motorola Milestone (Android 2.0).

When I start up Messaging, go to Settings and choose Manage SIM card messages, a list of my text messages on the SIM-card appears. When I hold my finger on one of the messages a menu pops up that allows me to "Copy to phone memory".

That's what I did. I copied a few of those messages to the "phone memory". But how do I access them?