SMS from Moto 360 not sent

Chris.Nelson

Reaction score
I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 and just got a Moto 360. Most things work well but when I dictate a text message to the phone, it shows up in the correct conversation in the phone and shows as being sent but is never received by other party. I've tried three recipients and two different SMS apps in the phone.

S5 is running 4.4.4 (ANI2), Android Wear is current (1.0.2.1476973). The 360 updated to Software version 4.4W.2 when I turned it on.

I've been on the phone with Motorola support three times and gotten no satisfaction. I did hear that the 360 update is only days old and I wonder if there isn't a bug that has not yet been reported. Any thoughts? Any experience with this combination working?

OP
C

Chris.Nelson

Reaction score
What SMS apps are you using?

I've tried the built-in Samsung Messages app and Google Hangouts.

I may have found a clue/bug. When looking at Android Wear and Moto 360 promotional material I found mention that you can "reply to text messages." A subtle difference from *sending* original text messages. I tried last night and it turns out I can reply to a message!

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I can't send from my moto 360. Only reply to them.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I don't believe that was ever a feature of the moto 360.

Eh guess it is. I need to try this when I leave work. People look at me funny when I "Ok Google" here.

Using Hangouts with your Moto 360

Last edited:

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
You apparently didn't read the rest of the reply...

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I need to try it when I leave work. It hasn't worked in the past.

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
Ok so with the Moto 360 you can send text messages (not just reply) from the google now command. "Send text to" you can dictate the number or a contact.

I have started using the Google Messenger, that gives a message history with the first swipe.

I also use the 1C SMS for the keyboard ability to send messages.

I use the LGG3.

Ede Bauer

Reaction score
Hi, unfortunatelly, I am having the same issue. I am using a moto360, and Hangouts on my Samsung Galaxy S3. Saying texts like "text to xyz bla bla" bringst up the correct contact and the correct text. But then, when really, it states "Try again on your phone".

The interesting thing is that I can reply to sms without any problems.

Any clues?