SMS bug?

metzor

Reaction score
I am (im)patiently waiting for my TB to arrive via Fedex (still haven't gotten the shipping email from verizon!). Meantime I checked out the AF site, seems there is an SMS bug going around:

Users over at XDA have reported that text recipients are not getting the user's phone number as the callback. For example, if my number is 555-555-5555 and I text you, you get a text from string of numbers e.g. 0413243141243.

One user has reported that this number is the SIM number.

Support & Troubleshooting SMS Bug Found - Android Forums

Can anyone else confirm getting this?

mzman

Reaction score
I have been texting several different people all day today with no such issues. They all show up properly, both on my side and their side.

Bycin

Reaction score
Both myself and a friend I have been texting have experienced this issue. It The text comes in with the long string of numbers, and if you reply, they do not get it. You have to open up a new message.

chaz30268

Reaction score
I am having the same problem but apparently only when I text one person. The person happened to send me a sms message while verizon was switching my phones so I dont know if that could have anything to do with it.

chaz30268

Reaction score
Apparently my phone number is the call back number for my sms messages now. I pulled the battery out of the phone but I don't know if that fixed it or if it was a network issue. The problem occured when I sent an SMS to a blackberry and a Thunderbolt, both of which are on the verizon network like me.

BoostedDroid

Reaction score
I was having this problem but i called verizon and they fixed it for me. now no more issues. all working well

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
I wonder what they did to fix it. My guess is, it wasn't set up correctly? All the other thunderbolt users were having a hard time activating their phones but it was "fixed" when I finally got my turn.

gymangel812

Reaction score
it's happening to me. i guess it happens when your in the lte network. i tried calling vzw and they didn't know anything about it and to call htc.

sms160

Reaction score
Just got the tbolt today and had no issues until i realized that nobody was responding to my texts, and the status of the messages showed none. These people are constantly on their phone so i knew i had an issue. I will try the battery pull and hopefully that works for me.

want a droid

Reaction score
I had the sms issue as well. Pulled the battery per suggestions and everything seems to be in working order now.