SMS Block SM-G920V

Jdhope

Reaction score
Can't seem to figure out how to block SMS from a certain number on my Galaxy S6 sm-g920v. Am I missing something or does mine not have that option? All the tutorials I've watched has said to go into Samsung Messenges, click the conversation of the person I wish to block, click "more" in the top right, then click "add to spam list". There is not an option to add to spam list. Please help! My ex is very persistent and I rather not have to constantly be turning my phone on and off when I need to use it. Thank you!

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Can't seem to figure out how to block SMS from a certain number on my Galaxy S6 sm-g920v. Am I missing something or does mine not have that option? All the tutorials I've watched has said to go into Samsung Messenges, click the conversation of the person I wish to block, click "more" in the top right, then click "add to spam list". There is not an option to add to spam list. Please help! My ex is very persistent and I rather not have to constantly be turning my phone on and off when I need to use it. Thank you!

On my Note Edge it isn't where you are looking.

Launch your Message app.
Select the Menu button on the top right.
Select Settings.
Scroll down and select Spam Filters.
Toggle Spam Filters on.
Select Add to Spam Numbers.
Select the "+" sign in the top right corner.
Type the number in.

OP
J

Jdhope

Reaction score
On my Note Edge it isn't where you are looking.

Launch your Message app.
Select the Menu button on the top right.
Select Settings.
Scroll down and select Spam Filters.
Toggle Spam Filters on.
Select Add to Spam Numbers.
Select the "+" sign in the top right corner.
Type the number in.
Still nothing that says "spam filters". There's "notifications, backgrounds and bubbles, quick responses, signature, more settings (which leads to nothing spam related), restore messages, callback number". Those are my only options after going into settings.

OP
J

Jdhope

Reaction score

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
If so, you will need to use a 3rd party app. There are many good one at the Play Store...

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
You can block messages on the Yaata message app.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk