Sms backup that also backs up your pics in your sms

duugg

Reaction score
Hello all, I've been trying to find an app that will not only backup my sms, but will also backup pics within the sms thread. Does anybody know if this app exists?

Thanks

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Reaction score
Ditto. I have been looking for the same. Right now I have been using "SMS Backup & Restore," which works great, but I wish that it backed up pictures as well. Glad that someone brought up this question.

OP
duugg

duugg

Reaction score
Yep. It amazes me that nobody elses thought "gee I would like my pictures backed up with in my sms as well".
So how are u backing up your pics within your SMS messages, or are you? I really don't want to delete any of them but I'm getting the dreaded low disk space message.

What I also don't understand why the sms messages/pics can't go right to the sd card.

Can't wait to get a Bionic!

Reaction score
Yep. It amazes me that nobody elses thought "gee I would like my pictures backed up with in my sms as well".
So how are u backing up your pics within your SMS messages, or are you? I really don't want to delete any of them but I'm getting the dreaded low disk space message.

What I also don't understand why the sms messages/pics can't go right to the sd card.

Can't wait to get a Bionic!

Search for "save mms" in the market.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Reaction score
Don't hold your breath for the Bionic.. i was waiting for it as well but the word is that its cancelled.

That's no longer true. Motorola actually came out and said that the Bionic was being delayed for improvements but to still expect it as a part of the summer phone lineup. :) We shall see though. If the rumors are true about the overheating it might be further delayed/take longer to fix. I'm waiting on the Samsung Galaxy SII though and hoping that it is coming to Verizon. I feel it is a better deal because it has an unlocked bootloader (and seeing Motorola's changes the Bionic is likely to be locked), a faster processor and GPU, more RAM, a brighter screen, a gyroscope, a 2-megapixel front facing camera rather than just a VGA, and can record at 1080 HD rather than just 720. :) But I digress as this thread is about an SMS app. Haha.

OP
duugg

duugg

Reaction score
Yeah, I heard that it's not really canceled either. Basically I'm getting the first dual core 4g phone that comes out for Verizon. I am proud to say that other than Heinz, I have no brand loyalty lol!

OP
duugg

duugg

Reaction score
Markm, I just read ur post. I want to backup my SMS pics as well as my MMS pics.

gsdreams

Reaction score
If you are talking about SMS/MMS backup I use sms backup+ and it backs up MMS messages as well.

If you are talking about pictures on your SD card you can back up to Picasa or Photobucket.

Reaction score
If you are talking about SMS/MMS backup I use sms backup+ and it backs up MMS messages as well.

If you are talking about pictures on your SD card you can back up to Picasa or Photobucket.

Testing the sms backup+ app now by a develop called "Jan." Seems to be working great so far so thank you very much! I am running a D2 with Liberty 2.0.1. I don't think the app will backup MMS (photos) properly using the stock DX/D2 ROM from Motorola but it seems to work fine on Liberty as well as backing up incoming messages properly. :) Another win for rooted phones. Haha.

gsdreams

Reaction score
It works perfect with the original ROM. It's how I use it. They do say something about a potential glitch, but it is related to the time stamp, not the ability to backup.

I haven't bothered to root my phone, I haven't had the need. Besides that I'm waiting for 2.3 and want the factory rom first. ;)

Reaction score
Haha. Well that's the beauty of Android. :) You can customize/do whatever you want to it personally and truly make it YOUR phone. I personally am waiting for a Gingerbread based Liberty ROM and love being rooted for all the addition features and customization. I really couldn't go back ever since I rooted my original Droid (now I have a D2) because I love being overclocked, being able to use high level terminal commands, clear the caches, theme, etc.

And I think you are right about the restoring not backing up being the issue because when I restore SMS/MMS they all have the same timestamp of the date which I do the restoration on rather than their original timestamp. I'm really glad to hear it is working on the stock D2 ROM as well. :)

gsdreams

Reaction score
Yeah, the restore is annoying so I quit using it. Try getting a txt while you are restoring, and suddenly you have this new txt in the middle of all the old ones you are trying to locate.

Since they are all backed up to gmail anyways I figure I can look up any SMS I want there.

Reaction score
Haha yeah true. Or you could turn on airplane mode while you restore. That always used to annoy me too... getting messages mid-restore :p