SMS backup not working

82DMC12

Reaction score
Hey all,

On my D1 I had SMS Backup which worked perfectly. Now I have it on my Bionic and it's only saving outgoing text messages. I don't see any settings to change this within the app. Anyone else having the same problem?

GeoMandell

Reaction score
I discovered this today. Same exact thing. I've used SMS Backup FOREVER on my Captivate and Infuse with AT&T, now on the Bionic it's not saving incoming messages. Very annoying.

Human_Droid

Reaction score
Did it ever leave out some messages? Can't remember the ones I use to use but they both would leave out a msg here and there. Very annoying .

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

GeoMandell

Reaction score
Did it ever leave out some messages? Can't remember the ones I use to use but they both would leave out a msg here and there. Very annoying.

No, never left out messages for me. Then again, I used it to save and restore close to 5000 messages regularly, so I didn't really check them all extensively :p

OP
82DMC12

82DMC12

Reaction score
I emailed the dev and he never wrote back. This was 2 weeks ago when i started the thread

paperfolder

Reaction score
Droid Bionic and SMS Backup+

Check your mail for messages that are backed up with the wrong timestamp. For me it seems like incoming messages are timestamped with a time of 7 hours earlier than they came in...So annoying I wish they would fix this because this app was very useful before!

I saw that there was a motorola bug with the Droid X2 (supposedly a firmware bug) that caused a similar issue...I hope this is not the case for the Bionic as well.