SMS Backup+ Not Working on Droid Razr? I'm new to the forums, relax.

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR Support' started by Jfmore2, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Jfmore2

Jfmore2 New Member

I have a Droid Razr and SMS Backup+ will not back up 'incoming texts'. It backs up my side of the conversation, but not replies. I know its something about the time stamp on the Motorola Software. I used to have this on my Droid 2 and it worked like a charm. Now it does a terrible job.

Is this fixable? Is there any other SMS Backup Applications/Programs that 'back up' SMS to Gmail? Preferably applications that work with the Droid Razr.

THANK YOU!
  2. jks258

jks258 New Member

I have a Droid Razr and SMS Backup+ will not back up 'incoming texts'. It backs up my side of the conversation, but not replies. I know its something about the time stamp on the Motorola Software. I used to have this on my Droid 2 and it worked like a charm. Now it does a terrible job..
    Is this fixable? Is there any other SMS Backup Applications/Programs that 'back up' SMS to Gmail? Preferably applications that work with the Droid Razr..
    THANK YOU!

--------------------------------------------------

Hi, say no one replied and thought I'd help out. Here is the FAQ from the developer of SMS Backup+ below:

https://github.com/jberkel/sms-backup-plus#faq

Read down to the link where it says:

I'm using a Motorola DROID X/2, and it does not back up incoming messages, only sent!

Not sure if it will work on your phone, but does indicate a known problem for many (myself included).

Good luck, Jay...
  3. voodoodaddy

voodoodaddy New Member

I used sms backup on my droid 1 without issue. On my bionic it worked for a while but just like everyone else it began to only backup my outgoing. Ive tried everything to get it to work and eventually just uninstalled and resigned myself to the fact its not going to work.
  4. FoxKat

FoxKat DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I've used Riteshu Sahu's apps, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.riteshsahu.SMSBackupRestore&feature=search_result & https://play.google.com/store/apps/...lLogBackupRestore&feature=more_from_developer, for quite a while now and both are 100% effective, fast as lighting and never failed me. They are simple and simply work. He also as an APN backup that I haven't used, frankly because I know nothing about APN, and he has a nice add-on for the SMS backup & restore that will send an email when backup is completed.

Give them a try and see if you don't agree with me.
Search tags for this page
does sms backup incoming messages
droid razr backup sms
myside fact sms
razr m saving text conversations
razr m sms
sms backup droid x

sms backup not backing up received

sms backup not saving incoming texts

sms backup not working

sms backup only backing up outgoing messages
sms backup plus not saving conversation only my texts