SMS ? about how far back can you go?

mattaproductions

Reaction score
I really need to figure this out for court, but me and my ex-wife have been sending multiple text msgs back and forth about bs. Anyways I just noticed today that once so many msgs been sent and received between you and that same person the older ones disappear. I really need the older ones back. I just installed SMS Backup today so I wont have to worry about this anymore. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Matta

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
what app are you using?

I know chompSMS can go back a ways back

OP
M

mattaproductions

Reaction score
standard sms chat that the droid x uses which I'm pretty sure is a bad idea....

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I dont beleive you can get those texts back via your phone...sounds like you had the auto delete feature on. I am almost positive that Sms messages are saved through the carrier so im sure if you contacted someone at Vz they might be able to hook you up with any text ever sent from your phone. if this is for harrasment purposes you could always log into VZ and see every messages sent just without the content of the text being seen (It only shows times sent).

OP
M

mattaproductions

Reaction score
I went into my msg settings and changed 200 msgs per conversation to 1000. Problem fixed now, but I still need the older ones :(

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I went into my msg settings and changed 200 msgs per conversation to 1000. Problem fixed now, but I still need the older ones :(

If i were you id do a gmail sms backup.... it updates all messages to a folder in gmail. you wont be able to get your previous messages back!Refer to my message above.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
SMS ? about how far back can you go?
Always specify that app you're using. We're not all using the same app. I mean, I use GV. I have no idea how far it will go back. The oldest message I've kept is from 2/15/10.

anuraj1

Reaction score
If you contact your lawyer and you're able to get a subpoena for the messages, VZW will provide you with a hard copy of all the texts.

If the messages are needed for a criminal investigation, contact the police and they will be able to get copies of the text messages from VZW.

LaxzBro

Reaction score
Vzw has them. U remember on at&t you were able to look at every text online

Lax bro, closet geek

bhawks

Reaction score

Is there a way to do this in handcent? I went through the settings but couldnt find anything. Right now it deletes messages after you reach 200, and I want to extend it to 1000 like you did