1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Smoothest GB rom for D1? (and and overview of my GB rom experience)

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by elucid, Mar 2, 2011.

1. elucid

elucid New Member

I'm running Liquid GB 1.3 right now, but it has become really laggy. If I press a the soft home key it takes a looooong time for the home screen to appear (and the transition is super jerky). Same for starting other apps.

I've tried Jeffv2's GB rom: pretty decent but I wanted a rom with more support, features, and themes.

I tried UD's GB roms and they were very buggy for me. UD was my absolute favorite Froyo rom (before UD1.0 to UD2.5). It was super smooth and had great features. I'm very tempted to just put UD2.5 back on and forget GB!

I know Pete has a GB rom as does Chevy (and others). I'm curious which one I should try next. I have to do a full wipe and it is a pain to get my droid setup back the way I like it. So I would prefer to get some advice before trying every rom!
  2. atticus

atticus New Member

I would honestly go with Project Elite next. Furthest along in my opinion.

Project Elite - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

edit: it's a pretty recent release. and the team actngrezy's got over there are always around to help out. Have already put out two updates to the original release. Nice features, and as smooth of a GB ROM you're going to find. Though, it Does Not support the CM (tmobile) Theme Changer. But that's just a luxury that this ROM doesn't even need to excel.
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  3. chewy74

chewy74 New Member

this is what I did...

I ran all the GB ROMs you mentioned too including PE 5.0 and ChevyNo1 SS 5.0 ran the best for me, but the GB bugs got to be too much and I ditched it all and back on UD2.5 FROYO

4. petecraig612

petecraig612 New Member

if you haven't tried PE, its a must. I was on CM7 for a bit then it started getting bad. I tried out LGB and it was so so for me. The only problem I have had on PE is the lack of the theme changer. I expect it to show up on an upcoming release... hopefully.
  5. jeffv2

jeffv2 Developer Developer

yeah don't use my rom, i was building nightlys before the buildbot was up.
    i dont even use my rom anymore lol... but im working on something new.
  6. kylo77

kylo77 New Member

I'm running liquid gb 1.3 on my D1 and it is the smoothest it's been. I've tried the same roms you mention but this one runs the best for me.

The game changer for the redraw was this post...not my work...but it works!

If you use ADW or LauncherPro and if after using your browser, email or any other apps for awhile, then if you press the 'HOME' button, if it takes forever to redraw your home screen, and you are sick of that HORRIBLE LAG, then try this: In a terminal, type su and enter. Then type echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 >> /data/local.prop and enter. Then reboot. Now evaluate whether or not this fixes your lag. If you want to undo what this command does, simply remove that toggle from: /data/local.prop
  7. manosdvd

manosdvd New Member

I'm running Peter Alfonso's "stock" GB for Droid. It's limited as far as features but it's the first and only reliable rom I've considered usable as a day to day rom.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  8. dfuser312553

dfuser312553 New Member

Now that's support! :)
    OP, seriously just make a backup & try them all.
  9. aaronmcc11

aaronmcc11 New Member

On PEGB v5.0.2 now.. lovin it. Wish I could change the lockscreen image to my own pic through settings though. I tried LGB.. not too bad. I know practically everyone has lots of problems with UD3.. I personally have been using it without hardly a problem w slayher kernel. About to try the new CM7 nightly 11.
  10. elucid

elucid New Member

Update:
    Liquid contacted me and we worked out my lag issue. He is very helpful (chatted with me on gtalk for quite a while) and even gave me a nightly to try out. The support was waaay beyond expectations. His new nightly is unbelievably smooth and the battery life is amazing.