Smoked glass v6.0 w/ AdamZ #6 Kernel killing battery

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by Sam Fisher, May 15, 2010.

1. Sam Fisher

Sam Fisher Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was wondering if any of the thousands of other people running this ROM have another kernel that might be better on battery life, i had it over OCed @1100 and then turned it down to 600 and i have noticed little difference in battery life and performance speed. I guess my real question is this kernel the right one to be using, because i want to overclock for speed but id rather not kill my battery in 5 hours either. I love this ROM but i might have to change it if i cant find a better kernel.

2. nygh

nygh Member

Ratings:
    +0

yea, Im having battery life issues as well, and whats weird is...I didnt have issues when I first installed it.

Is that normal?

3. hiphopvenom

hiphopvenom Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My battery last about 6 hrs with heavy use oc'd to 900... if I don't mess with it ill be ay around 60% at the end of the day

Try setting your profiles a little different

4. bjet767

bjet767 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The battery profiles aren't the problem. What is happening is your phone is trying to download the official 2.1 OS and then stops. If you track the downloads you will probably find huge megabytes of data transfer every day.

5. nygh

nygh Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow that makes sense. Is there a thread to block the update? Would that do any good?

6. cwininger

cwininger Member

Ratings:
    +0
    try this

follow the suggestion found in this thread:
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/35502-blocking-ota-2-1-update-kills-battery-life.html

you need to replace the otacerts.zip file in your system/etc/security folder with the one posted in the thread. you can do this using either adb or root explorer. there are directions on how to do it either way in the thread. this will allow the update to download, then sprecovery will block the update install, but your phone will think it's up-to-date. this will solve your problem.