smoked glass theme and setcpu question

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by unknownvirus, Feb 5, 2010.

1. unknownvirus

unknownvirus New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I used the sholes mod updater last night to root and install the custom rom, plus the smoked glass theme. I like the Sholes ROM with all the MT, but dont care much for the smoked glass theme, how can i remove that only, is it possible to just turn it back to the stock theme and keep all the apps and all?

Also, running setcpu at 800/250 right now, with profiles disabled, not seeing any overheating problems currently, and it seems pretty stable, but in the case that i want it to just go back to stock, i should be able to just uninstall the app and that'll go back to normal too right?

Also, do I have to go through a whole diff process to install the bugless beauty rom?

Thanks

2. JhankG

JhankG Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just run the SholesUpdater app again and don't choose the smoked glass theme this time. It will not delete any of your current information and apps as long as you choose the "keep data" option. Removing SetCPU won't get rid of the overclocking kernel. For that, you will have to revert back to stock 2.0.1, which I believe is also an option in the SholesUpdater app. I wouldn't be too worried about running at 800 mhz. I have been running at 1000mhz for a few weeks now without any problems. Using the profiles option in setcpu should be all you need.

3. unknownvirus

unknownvirus New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks...that sounds good

4. timsy321

timsy321 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Now that the Sholes.info site is down, can I just reboot into recovery mode and run the update.zip again if I want to add the smoked glass version of the Music App? I don't want to loose all of my settings/information, and am worried that it might now work now that the site is down.

Thanks!