Smoked Glass for BB 0.4

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by ACalcutt, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Exodus615

Exodus615 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey man thank you for doing what you can to our droids looks awesome i just wanted to say thank you and ask you something i just dl your new extras pack hoping you smoked glassed the youtube hq apk and the new yahoo seach bar but you didnt should i just wait i didnt wanna bother you but i tried doing it myself and epic fail!!! So Mr.Oneoftheguyswhomakesourdroidslookcool could you handle this task for us? And i hope that me asking isnt in bad taste

2. yusky03

yusky03 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Basically I just copied over the original images with some of 928Droids files I got from downloading his theme. I can't stand all the colored icons. It is not clean enough for me.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-2-froyo-update-zip-metamorph-back-stock.html

It looks like he has a Calculator.apk in there too. You could extract it to see if it will work for us or it could give you a hint on what to change.

I tried to install his Calender widget but it did not work. You can see it in a picture on that thread.

3. satriani72

satriani72 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Can you apply the extra file for Facebook if I have nextheme already applied, or does the theme have to be the smoked glass in order for the extras to work?

4. biz79

biz79 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Call Text Black?

Thanks for porting over smoking glass to Froyo... have always liked this theme. So far it's working great on BB v0.4 on my Droid. The only problem I'm having is that when I'm on a call, press home, and pull down the black status bar, the Current call notification is still in black text. This makes it difficult to read. Is anyone else experiencing this? I can reinstall the theme if no one else has this problem.

Happy 4th!

Biz

5. jtahoe77

jtahoe77 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I've tried getting this to work but the theme on the phone remains the same... I even tried metamorph and it's just telling me there is something wrong with the theme control file. Looks great and wish I had it....

6. Schimm

Schimm Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Same here.....tabs gone at startup but still got stock screen. Reflashed sbrecovery and clockwork first.

7. Exodus615

Exodus615 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Dude I love what u did with youtube and I want it on my droid I tried pushing it with adb but it kept saying certificates failed or something like that either way it wouldn't let me do it is there another way I really wish dude would just put this in his update so it will be easier to use I really like this I've been trying to add it now for 3 or 4 days I'm running bbv.04 of course can u help??

8. Exodus615

Exodus615 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have noticed that too I've also noticed it with my lookout app and when I play music on my droid the music is in black text on the notification bar

9. corenojc

corenojc New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys,

A few quick questions cuz I'm kinda paranoid about trying this because I had to get a new phone last week after trying to put the smoked glass from BB0.3 onto 0.4, it wouldn't boot past the M and Noone on any forums could help me. Anyways I got my new Droid rooted and running BBv0.4 again but the market was slow and unresponsive so I applied the market fix .zip from droid-life and it improved the market, but now when I go into the settings/about phone menu it has a different name for my build. Where it used to say "BBv0.4" it now says something like "voles-underbug 2.2 frfxx 3333 test-keys" and I can no longer go into the bugless beast toolkit because it says I'm not running a valid bugless beast ROM. Is that just to trick the market? AnD more importantly, will this smoked glass still be compatible even tho my build doesn't say BBv0.4?

Sorry about the length of this post, but I'm gonna be extremely careful this time around.

10. ACalcutt

ACalcutt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Be patient, its 4th of July weekend. Youtube will be added when I have the chance to add it ;-). I am on vacation this week so the chances I will have time are high ;-)

I will look into the in call text. Stock music app should already be white in the notification bar.

People having trouble installing, here are the instructions I posted in older smoked glass threads. There are other ways to install but this is the way I know works.

The files in the first post (except the rar) are in update.zip format. The way you install it depends on which recovery you are using (Clockwork or SPrecovery)

If you are using sprecovery
    1. Download this file
    2. Rename the file to “update.zip”
    3. Transfer update.zip to the root of your SD card
    4. Reboot into SPRecovery. To do this power off your phone then hold the power and “x” button for 5 seconds, then release both buttons.
    5. Select “Install.”
    6. Select “Allow update.zip installation.”
    7. Select “Install /sdcard/update.zip (deprecated).” The new theme will be installed.
    8. After this completes, select reboot.

If you are using clockwork recovery
    1.)Download file to the sdcard (no need to rename to update.zip)
    2.)Reboot into recovery. (Either through rom manager or by holding x and the power button at startup)
    3.)Choose "Install zip from sdcard"
    4.)Choose "choose zip from sdcard". Browse to theme zip file
    5.)Choose reboot system now

11. ACalcutt

ACalcutt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If your rom is BBv0.4 then it should be fine. If you are worried just make a backup before trying (its a good practice anyway)

12. corenojc

corenojc New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanx for replying, I guess I'm just wondering whether you think its possible that the market update I applied just changed the name of the build and it is actually still BBv0.4 that I am running? I just wonder if that makes sense or its a common thing or not, sorry I'm just trying to avoid the disaster I had last week lol

Search tags for this page
dailer 67085

geniewidget apk

googlequicksearchbox apk

musicgoogle youtube
tools settings.apk 4.1