Smoked Glass for BB 0.4

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by ACalcutt, Jun 29, 2010.

1. manhatton

manhatton Member

Ratings:
    +0

Awww, snap! I should've just been patient. Oh, well, it was interesting to learn how to tweak a little. Thanks Andrew, looks good!

2. scarez

scarez New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How does one Uninstall the apps that are part of the Extra's pack? I use Touiteur for my Twitter app, so I don't want the Extrra's Twitter app installed.

3. ACalcutt

ACalcutt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    either delete the twitter.apk from /system/app or if you haven't installed it yet you can open the smoked glass extras package and remove the twitter.apk before applying it

4. Captmilk

Captmilk Member

Ratings:
    +4
    My favorite Theme thanks

5. deputc26

deputc26 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Anyone themed the btunes widget? That and latitude is all I got left to theme, running on a temporary hdd right now so no sdk or I'd try it myself.

and huge thanks for your contributions, this is what makes the android community so great!

#65 deputc26, Jul 1, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
  6. beernutz09

beernutz09 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Andrew where did you get that wallpaper??? I love it and your work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. ACalcutt

ACalcutt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Its from the ahome theme "Happiness vista". I've never used the theme, but I do like the wallpaper (kinda reminds me of futurama :) )

Heres a barcode for it in the market
    View attachment 11200

8. bright2018

bright2018 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    just what I've been looking for! I'm not a fan of the vanilla color! Thanks!

9. yusky03

yusky03 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I did a Youtube Smoked Glass skin... Well thanks to 928Droids images. Would be kool if you could put this in your original post in update.zip format.

I want to do the Calendar Widget but I don't know how to change the text from Black to White.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If anyone uses this file you have to push it with ADB. This is not in Update.zip format.

10. beernutz09

beernutz09 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks man!!!!!

11. MagicMiloX

MagicMiloX Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This really should be stickied somewhere since ROM manager gets used so much. I don't know why recovery gets broken like it does, but this is frequently the answer. Heck, even the description on market describes this process, and heaven knows I freaked out about ROM manager being broken before I knew about this trick...dancedroid

Applying now, and it looks solid, thanks for the hard work.

12. ACalcutt

ACalcutt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I actually was working on a youtube widget, but yours looks like it came out better than mine. I still hadn't released it because I wasn't happy with it yet.

I am also looking into the calendar widget. like you I am stuck on changing the text to white. For most of the other widgets i was able to use AXMLPrinter2.jar to get the text of the xml and find the color code to search for (basically the color code was reversed in the hex editor).

Since I could not get the plain text of the file or find the "08 00 00 1C" hex string I was searching for "08 00 00 01" in the file (another string i have seen). Unfortuantly the seems to be a lot of them. I have tried up to offset "5C0" one at a time and so far haven't found it. (still alot to go though...lol)

I'd do some more work on the calendar widget....but now i can't even get the stock one to show in my widgets...need to get that working again first

#72 ACalcutt, Jul 2, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2010
Search tags for this page
dailer 67085

geniewidget apk

googlequicksearchbox apk

musicgoogle youtube
tools settings.apk 4.1