Smoked Glass 6.0 issues

Discussion in 'Adamz' started by ASN-121, Mar 20, 2010.

1. javapop

javapop Member

Ratings:
    +0
    well, still a no go for updates. It works; but won't update. I ended up re-flashing rom, because after deleting the file, it wouldn't download new version, saying "incompatible update" looked for any remaining files, on sys and sd; nothing I could find. BAH!!!!

I'm running smoked glass 6.0.1 2.1 rom fyi on a moto droid

2. Glock

Glock New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry about the case sensitive stuff...forgot about that...:)

That's odd about Maps not working after you delete it...mine worked perfectly after that. Did you try it again after reflashing? Maybe a bad flash?

3. javapop

javapop Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I finally got it working; but only after using root explorer, and renaming the file as .bak.... then trying to download, fail then uninstalling the com.android.map whatever file. It then allowed me to update to the current map.apk!
    Thanks again!

4. dbroadbent

dbroadbent Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Can you elaborate on what exactly you did? I downloaded the map fix, but when I use the fix_maps cmd file, it gives me an error. I even tried putting the maps.apk on my phone, but for some reason can't search my SD card. Thanks.

5. dbroadbent

dbroadbent Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I made a direct download link of it- Maps.apk , and this still doesn't fix it, it says installation not successful on my phone.

6. reese101

reese101 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    cant get themes to work with mm,i hane busybox too

7. Jllaugh

Jllaugh New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Battery life improved?

My battery life is TERRIBLE after installing this ROM, and I mean really, really bad. Previously I was using DroidMod with the Smoked Glass theme, but it takes those guys so long to update and I was getting weird force closes I decided to go with Adam's rom instead. I LOVE it, but my battery life has dropped through the floor.

Previously I was getting about two days of life from my battery with light to moderate use. Now, I'm dropping by 20-30% just in the hours I'm asleep. This morning, I left the house for about 2.5 hours and forgot my phone, when I left I was at 80% (down from 100% full charge before bed) and when I returned home I was at 50% and my phone hadn't been touched the whole time I was gone.

I spoke to a friend who also went to SG6 this week and he's saying the same thing. I've looked at my apps/processes and even tried reinstalling the rom several times with different options with zero improvement.

I am also using Adam's customization tool and overclocking to 1.1ghz. (But I used to OC to 1.2 with DM and had 2-3 times the battery life).

Side note, my maps won't update..something about the being unable to unpack the file, installing anything else is just fine.

I'd hate to stop using this rom so any ideas would be great.

Edit: Basically I'm losing at least 5-10% an hour, on idle. Battery info from Viz says idle processes are responsible for the most consumption.. Idle uses the most battery at 44% last time I checked. Now, I hadn't used my phone much at all so I wasn't surprised idle was top of the list.. but I was surprised to lose 20-30% life in that time and hardly having used the phone at all.

#67 Jllaugh, May 9, 2010
    Last edited: May 9, 2010
  8. thatguychuck

thatguychuck Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had the battery life issue. My problem was that the ROM is a 53 base, and it kept downloading the 81 update. It would download, (69 Megs by the way!) but would not install, then download again. This was causing my battery issue. I eventually had to delete the otacerts.zip from the system/etc/security folder, and copy over a "standard" otacerts.zip file. Finally, it would download the update, then try to install. SPRecovery blocks the file from actually doing anything, but the system finally said "up to date." I'd check your about phone, system updates section to see if it is downloading the new update.

Edit: Here is the file I used, which I pulled from some other thread on here about the OTA update killing battery life. But I think you can just pull one from a virgin OEM backup if you have one.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/35502-blocking-ota-2-1-update-kills-battery-life.html

#68 thatguychuck, May 9, 2010
  9. Jllaugh

Jllaugh New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ah, yep it is downloading. So basically I just replace the current otacerts.zip with the one you attached?

#69 Jllaugh, May 9, 2010
  10. thatguychuck

thatguychuck Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Possibly, go to Menu-About Phone-System Updates and see if your phone is doing anything.

11. thatguychuck

thatguychuck Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That is exactly what I did. Instead of constantly re downloading it gave me the option to install, which I did. SPRecovery won't allow it to change anything, but it finally thought it was updated.

12. Jllaugh

Jllaugh New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, it was downloading the update.