Smoked Glass 6.0 issues

Discussion in 'Adamz' started by ASN-121, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Cortez

Cortez Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My buddy is a friggen forum lurker (or sideler if you will) and wants me to post this because he doesn't post. So, when you take pictures in doesn't update in the gallery and the only way to get them in there is to restart the phone. Anyone else have this issue? I do, but I don't really care, he wants to know if there is a fix or if anyone else is experiencing it. Thanks

2. mkraffert

mkraffert Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That was happening to me too. I noticed that if you open the app from teh pull down on the notification bar when it gets installed, that then the app shows up in the launcher.

3. mkraffert

mkraffert Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a file called fix_maps.zip that fixes the maps update issues. I don't know who to credit for it though. It runs from your pc in a command window and uses adb commands to uninstall the old version and reinstall the new version and makes it totally upgradable afterwards. I wish I could remember who to credit for this, it probably was either Adamz or Pete. I'll upload it and post the link to it since I can't seem to upload it here.

EDIT: The fix_maps.zip file is here. Unzip this and run the fix_maps.cmd file. It fixed my maps issue.

#51 mkraffert, Apr 6, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
  4. mkraffert

mkraffert Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I did. I had to re-flash the rom and wipe the data cache twice. Wiping once didn't solve it.

5. lostabit

lostabit New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Flac

First off love the installer with options! Not sure if there is something not working, or if I just dont know how to enable. How do you play FLAC files? Music player does not show FLAC files, and if I navigate to them with an explorer and try to open I get a message "File type flac not found"

I have even re installed the rom, and ensured the enable flac support was checked. It was by default.

6. bolden88

bolden88 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    maps fixed

The only issue I have had was the minor MAPS update issue. Used the instructions above and can now update..
    Not sure if is me or my laptop....I can not get my laptop to recognize my phone. It sees android tether but does not let me choose it. I want to use my phone's internet but cannot do so. I have the WiFi Tether that came with Smoked Glass. Should I ditch this and download something else?
    While I am sounding like a Newbe, I see all these cool screens on SG web sight but how do I get them on my phone. Are these APK's and I don't know how to get them? I have had no real issue's other than being green on this ROM business. thanks

7. BamaFan13

BamaFan13 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I finally got the rom to work but now I'm running into the map problem. I followed the directions on how to uninstall and update. I forgot to do it before hand so I went the system route. When I try to delete it, it says cannot delete, this is a read only file...what should I do?

8. Rodderz

Rodderz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Fixed, never mind.

#56 Rodderz, Apr 12, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2010
  9. Glock

Glock New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You can either use a Root Explorer program which gives SU permissions from the start OR if you feel comfortable in adb shell, open cmd and type:

1) adb shell
    2) su
    3) mount -o remount,rw -type yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system (gives you read/write access to system files)
    4) cd /system/app
    5.A) rm maps.apk (if you want to delete maps all together)
    5.B) mv maps.apk maps.apk.bak (if you want to keep a back up. this renames the file and keeps android from seeing the file allowing you to install maps again from the market)
    6) mount -o remount,ro -type yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system (restores read only to system files)
    7) Reboot

These commands should do the trick. I hold no responsibility for bricked/ruined/whatevertragedymaybefallyourphone Droids.

10. BamaFan13

BamaFan13 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I finally got the maps issue ironed out. Now I can't get the better keyboard update. It says insufficient space, but I know this can't be...what gives?

11. javapop

javapop Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When I run # rm maps.apk
    I am getting:
    rm failed for maps.apk, No such file or directory
    Under astro though, I noticed my maps.apk was named.... Maps.apk
    also, Reboot was case sensitive as well, have to type "reboot"
    All good now, thanks!

12. Cortez

Cortez Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I am having an issue with SG6 in that if I am playing music on my droid and set my phone down the music stops. It doesn't happen all the time but I would say that it happens 50% of the time. Anyone know what is going on?