Smoked Glass 6.0 issues

Discussion in 'Adamz' started by ASN-121, Mar 20, 2010.

1. ASN-121

ASN-121 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have been having several issues running 6.0 and I think it would be good if there was a thread separate for issues, like Ultimate Droid has. This way if they are common issues or somebody has a fix it will eliminate redundancy.
    And before anyone asks, I followed Adamz instructions to the letter, and restored/reinstalled with no luck.

-My main issue is that setCPU isn't setting/keeping its overclocking settings. I'm running the 1Ghz kernel, set at 250/800, but it keeps reverting to 250/400. If I open the program, the sliders are still in the correct position, but I have to tap them to correct the settings. I have it excluded in Task Manager, and it shows that it's running as well.
    Running setCPU 1.50a.

-Text message notifications aren't working properly. I don't know if this is a compatibility issue with ESE53 and Handcent, or with the rom itself or what. But the majority of my messages don't show up in the notification bar. I had about 5 missed messages today with the phone in my pocket, the reminders are supposed to vibrate and go off every 5 minutes, popup enabled, repeating continuously, but I don't get anything. The LED doesn't even blink, which it's set to do. So far this is the only program I've had that issue with.
    Running version 235.

-Some widgets won't display correctly, Task Manager doesn't display free memory, and clicking it won't do the selected action "kill all". This may be from running Helix Launcher, but I thought I would mention it.

2. orizzle

orizzle Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am also having some troubles. I was disappointed to see that Swype was not included in this release (I upgraded from SG 4.1). The biggest issue is, my Beautiful Home widget cannot get the correct location for the weather.

3. bd1212

bd1212 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    One bug that I noticed is that if you download an app, 90% of the time the app will not appear in the launcher after it is installed and to make it show up you need to reboot the phone. This happens with the normal launcher and helix launcher.

4. meekless

meekless Member

Ratings:
    +0
    one thing I did just by chance which fixed my Handcent issue is as follows.

even with clicking the "keep apps" during the rom install , i lost all of my apps. i did a reinstall from the market and from Astro ,but still had problems with Handcent.

I then reflashed my old 2.0.1 rom, got Titanium Backup from the market. did a full back up of apps/ data. reflashed the nandroid I made of Adamz 2.1 after the install, and reloaded Handcent with data. NO ISSUES!

everything is just like before. the LED notification works perfect again and no issues with Handcent since.

Titanium Backup is as awesome as everyone says

5. orizzle

orizzle Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Would like to see these issues fixed. I just flashed Bugless Beast and it's working for now

6. porterbela

porterbela New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My problem is that I after I run everything and install the .rom.tgz, I can't get past the Motorola logo on the reboot. I followed the install instructions to a T. I also did a battery pull, let it think for about an hour and neither worked. I cleared the cache, etc. before I did the install once and still no dice. Like I said, I can install it fine, go throught the options and it says everything is installed. But I can't get past Motorola logo on reboot. Help please.

7. jeff0r3

jeff0r3 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Porterbela, I had that problem til I selected a different kernel.. One included from Adam.. As far as the issues with Handcent. I love the Rom so much, I uninstalled Handcent and am using the stock for now. I was having a few issues and rather than keep having problems, I just uninstalled. Again. Love the Rom!

8. porterbela

porterbela New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is there a specific kernel that would be best? If so, do you have the direct link?

9. jeff0r3

jeff0r3 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had the same issue. After I read the forum about the rom. I found that others had the same issue. I'm not sure what it asks in the setup. But it asks about a CPU setting. I selected the 1ghz/250, and after that I continued on with the setup options. Worked fine ever since..

10. Droid#64

Droid#64 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When I originally installed SG 6. I did a full wipe & cache, have titanium backup of course, installed Adamz rom then installed his Smoked Glass Boot for whatever voltage or speed you want, have had very minor issues if any?? Working great for this Droid..

11. porterbela

porterbela New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Jeff, thanks, I'll give it a shot.

12. qwiksilver711

qwiksilver711 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Every time I reboot I have to install swype again. Any suggestions?