smoked glass 6.0.1 root access problems?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by DeathGrind, Apr 10, 2010.

1. DeathGrind

DeathGrind Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I use clockwork recovery for all my roms. I tried out smoked glass rom that recently became available in the clockwork app. I really liked it, but I could not get root access. If tired reflashing it about half a dozen times, and still can not get root access. I have no troubles getting root access in any other rom. Has anybody else had this problem?

2. gavron

gavron Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    No.

Do you have the SuperUser (ninja icon) application?

What makes you think you don't have root?

E

3. DeathGrind

DeathGrind Member

Ratings:
    +0
    it's weird.
    yeah i have to superuser app in the app drawer, but can not run root requests.
    i have tried terminal emulator, typed in the su command and replied permission denied. Also tried SetCPU and that said i was in read only mode. Also tried rom manager, and it prompted an error when trying flash the recovery or reboot into recovery.

I have no problems with other roms, i am running bugless beast as of now. Have used cyanogen, ultimatedroid, and various themes before. it's just the smoked glass rom giving me a issue.

i have tried fresh installs also, (wiping data/cache) and still the same problem.

also, i have to hard reboot into my recovery (hold down x) to flash an alternative rom when the smokedglass rom is installed.

any ideas

thanks

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

4. gavron

gavron Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Weird! Try re-rooting using DMupdater *or* the update.zip method. I did it using the latter way back before DMupdater was around :)

E

5. DeathGrind

DeathGrind Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I will give that a try.

6. DeathGrind

DeathGrind Member

Ratings:
    +0
    well i got root access again in the smokedglass rom via DMupdater.
    A few questions:

my set cpu max is 600MHz. Is this correct for the rom avaliabe from rom manager?

Also, my wireless tether no longer works. Is this normal? I really need the tether app to work.

thanks

7. gavron

gavron Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Those are both problems from the kernel...

Try downloading one of ChevyNo1 or AdamZ's kernels. That should fix both issues.

E

8. DeathGrind

DeathGrind Member

Ratings:
    +0
    well i got my issue's worked out. I ended up downloading the full smokedglass 6.0.1 rom from the net and used SPrecovery to flash it. I have to say i really like clockwork recovery, but the amount of options sprecovery gave me when install smokedglass was very nice. but i have since gone back to clockwork.

anyway, i have had no problems with the smokedglass rom (besides the google maps problem) until today.

i've done a little searching but can not find a resolution to my issue. today i connected my droid to my pc to copy over some files, but the sd card will not mount. i choose mount when it pops up, then about 2 seconds later the sd card unmounts add my phone starts checking the sd for errors, which it does when unmounted normally.

anyone have any advice or a fix. I am really enjoying the smokedglass rom and would like to keep it, but i need usb mount capability. i really don't want to have to go test more roms, i did that for weeks until i found smokedglass which suits me best.

thanks for your time

9. DeathGrind

DeathGrind Member

Ratings:
    +0
    oh and it is just an issue with the rom. No other roms have this problem.

10. gavron

gavron Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    If you select "enable USB mount" from SPrecovery, does it work?

It's not likely to be the ROM.

E

11. DeathGrind

DeathGrind Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hmmmm i will try that. i assume that it just an option in sprecovery and not during the rom installation, as i don't recall seeing it during the install.

I will check in clockwork first then flash sprecovery to see.

12. DeathGrind

DeathGrind Member

Ratings:
    +0
    well both clockwork and sprecovery mount the usb properly, but only when i am in recovery.

I still am having the issue when booted into the rom.

Search tags for this page

smoke glass root