Smiley faces in Swype?

Anonymouse

Reaction score
I know there's already a million threads on Swype going around here, but I was wondering if it was at all possible to add smiley faces the the list of predetermined words? I'm unfortunately a smiley whore, and most of the time I can't complete a message without a [noparse] :D, :p, or :)[/noparse]. I watched the built in tutorial, where it shows how to add the word "bob4" to your preset word list. I followed the same steps, except for [noparse]:D[/noparse]. I did it a few times, then I slid from j to d, and got hd. Am I missing something here, or am I going to have to go about doing this manually?

murflee33

Reaction score
i was actually wondering the exact same thing and would also like to know if anyone has an answer

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
It actually knows :) in swype form. I couldn't get it to figure out a sad face, it always guessed a happy face. Not sure what other faces it knows, but that is about as in depth as I get with my smiles.

Edit actually just randomly picking things I was able to get "l8", "lb.", and "kg." from the symbol keyboard. Not really sure how, but it worked hehe. I figured out others, degree C with the actual degree symbol (too lazy to find the one for this keyboard. In landscape mode trace + to - then to 7, and you will get degrees C. I am sure there is a method to the madness, I don't know though.

I also managed to figure out how to get #bal from there, hit the number sign (pound key) then trace where "b" "a" "l" would be roughly had the regular keyboard been there. It beeped at me once, but figured it out otherwise. I am sure you could get other possibly helpful things by messing with this thing too.

Last edited:

gondwana

Reaction score
adding characters, numbers, symbols

you can add any string of characters:

:-(
[email protected]
555-1212

highlight the entire string of characters...hit the 'Swype' key. this adds the string of characters to the dictionary.

this string is now swypeable using the 'secondary' characters on the keys

MMcGee91

Reaction score
:D

You can get ":D" by swiping from "j" to "d" and then swiping up past the top row to capitalize the "D". Hope that helped! :)

--Mike