Smash Your Old Phone and Win a New OnePlus One

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bl5E7XZIYAA4jTX.png:large

We have all seen the videos on youtube and they make us wince at the sound of shattering glass. There is also the shock factor! I guess if i flushed seven one hundred dollar bills down a physical toilet i may get just as many views. It is just ludicrous to smash a good phone. There are so many people who sit around hoping to one day be able to afford to upgrade their device that watching someone else demolish theirs can be infuriating. Today OnePlus announced that the first 100 OnePlus One devices powered by Cyanogen Mod would go to a select few who destroy their old devices for the Smash the Past campaign starting on April 25th. Talk about reckless abandon! I would have to strongly suggest against participating in this contest as surely there will be many more entries than winners. I just can't imagine smashing a perfectly good device in the hopes to possibly grab a new one. If you just have to participate then destroy something that is a bit cheaper like the MotoG.

Via @OnePlus

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
If your going to participate, you can buy an old phone for $50. bucks or less. If you are chosen, smash it.

Danvee

Reaction score
I've got an old, working LG VX6000 ready for the hammer...
lgvx6000-1356297804-3.gif

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Got to be a smartphone. I can buy an S3 fake for $30. bucks. I'm ready for you OnePlus.

Danvee

Reaction score
Actually, I've already got an S3 "display model"...

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Talk about reckless abandon! I would have to strongly suggest against participating in this contest as surely there will be many more entries than winners. I just can't imagine smashing a perfectly good device in the hopes to possibly grab a new one. If you just have to participate then destroy something that is a bit cheaper like the MotoG.

That's not how it works. You get chosen for the promotion BEFORE you smash your phone. You don't smash your phone, then send in a video and hope to get a free one....

From the site:
Want the One? Follow this 3 step process:
1. Apply - Fill out the application form and send it in.
2. Stand Out - We'll choose 100 applicants to be our smashers.
3. Smash & Share - Share a video of your smash on YouTube and the OnePlus One will be yours!\

See? You are chosen BEFORE you smash your phone. I would happily smash my REAL Razr HD.
"Oh get a fake phone and ..." Really? You guys don't deserve to win. :D