Smartwatch Poll - Which One is Right for You?

Which smartwatch is right for you?

• Huawei Watch

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Moto 360 1st Gen (for a sale price)

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Moto 360 2nd Gen

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Asus ZenWatch 2

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Apple Watch

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Samsung Gear S2/S2 Classic

• Microsoft Band

• Sony Smartwatch 3

• Pebble Watch (multiple versions)

• LG Watch Urbane

• LG Watch Urbane LTE

• Other

• None. I am waiting for a future device which will do more than the current crop.

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • None. I don't want to wear a watch at all.

• Total voters

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
dick-tracy-smartwatch.jpg

Since wearable computing smartwatches have started to evolve into something fleshed out and useful, we thought it would be a great idea to get some feedback from our members. This is a smartwatch poll designed to find out which (if any) smartwatch has either intrigued you enough to consider, or even enticed you enough to open your wallet.

Of course, if you are still completely unconvinced by the new "tech fad," then we have that as an option for you as well. We allowed up to two votes for folks who are torn between more than one device. Please be sure to comment in the thread and let us know why you voted the way you did. We are anxious to hear from you folks!

Which smartwatch is right for you?
  1. Huawei Watch
  2. Moto 360 1st Gen
  3. Moto 360 2nd Gen
  4. Asus ZenWatch 2
  5. Apple Watch
  6. Samsung Gear S2/S2 Classic
  7. Microsoft Band
  8. Sony Smartwatch 3
  9. Pebble Watch (multiple versions)
  10. LG Watch Urbane
  11. LG Watch Urbane LTE
  12. Other
  13. None. I am waiting for a future device which will do more than the current crop.
  14. None. I don't want to wear a watch at all.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
If I were to get one I think it would be a toss up between the Gear S2 or the Urbane LTE since they have the ability to replace your phone as a phone.

Neither run Android Wear so that would mean I have to make a choice between one proprietary OS versus another proprietary OS. Since I am not a watch wearer 99.9% of the time that represents another hurdle in just walking into a store and buying a smartwatch.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I chose other and none.
Other because my current one wasn't and option and none because I'm waiting for one with more functionality AND a bigger screen than the current and next wave will be offering. The Gear S2s are a step forward in removing Samsung phone exclusivity but they shrunk the screen to half of the usable I currently enjoy using.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Huawei watch looks like.... wait for it.......... A watch.......
It even has a sapphire crystal.
I'm a wach guy and it looks like something I would buy, will buy.
I have the Moto360 right now and it's okay, but bad on battery life and I had to purchase extra lugs to make it look like a watch.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
None for me. I'm perfectly happy with my daily driver G-shock. :D

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I've had a bad experience with my LG g watch..I've had it since opening day of the g3 and its been a quirky and finicky pain in my butt at times..like the looks of the Huawei though

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I voted for the regular Urbane, simply because it's the watch I have right now and it's serving me quite well. Each update of AW seems to improve some little thing, often something that I didn't even realize was an issue until they made it better.

None of the new ones really grab me as something I have to have. If I hadn't already upgraded from the G watch to the Urbane, that might be a different story. Still not a fan of the flat tire on the Moto watches and definitely have to have AW as opposed to any other OS.

DrumsOfGrohl

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iphone 6
I had been pretty excited for the Apple Watch, but after all the hoopla died down a bit, I'm not sorry I didn't get one, or any other smartwatch. I don't have tons of money lying around, so I'm finding it tough to spend it on something that's certainly a want, and not a need. I guess you could apply that logic to anything, really, but these watches really don't do anything that my phone cant do. Yes, you can do things faster, and sometimes more conveniently, but they don't excite me. I'm waiting for a watch (or other tech) that does something bold and original, that my phone doesn't.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I had been pretty excited for the Apple Watch, but after all the hoopla died down a bit, I'm not sorry I didn't get one, or any other smartwatch. I don't have tons of money lying around, so I'm finding it tough to spend it on something that's certainly a want, and not a need. I guess you could apply that logic to anything, really, but these watches really don't do anything that my phone cant do. Yes, you can do things faster, and sometimes more conveniently, but they don't excite me. I'm waiting for a watch (or other tech) that does something bold and original, that my phone doesn't.

I feel the same way. OMG! I had to reach for my phone to see a notification. Say it ain't so, Bob!

I want stand alone functionality otherwise it's just one huge notification center at an extra expense.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Really the Gear S2 is awesome, but I can't trust Tizen will have the apps I want. I can't even browse what apps are available and what they do. I have essentially one specific reason for getting a smartphone, and as far as I know that app does not exist on Tizen (but it does on Androidwear).

It may come down to which one drops first - 3G Gear S2 (because it has GPS) or the Moto Sport.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sammy says they have 1,000 apps for Tizen already, but what are the odds that they have the one you are looking for? Lol

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Sammy says they have 1,000 apps for Tizen already, but what are the odds that they have the one you are looking for? Lol

I know, right? Not sure if it ever launched or updated, but they do have a really cool app that uses the accelerometer and gyroscope to count your sets! But it's almost all body weight exercises and the workouts aren't customizable (which seems like a gigantic fail).

It's a simple weightlifting app...if I knew anything at all about programming I could probably make one myself. But maybe it's not that simple since JEFIT apparently won't develop a smartwatch app (or maybe they're waiting for Apple or Sammie to throw money at them to do it).

But like I said, I'd still be leery of Tizen, though as a standalone device maybe it doesn't really matter. Still, having the Droid Turbo seems like it would be pretty tight with the Moto 360.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Yeah once again Google is losing control of its ecosystem. They had a huge shot at controlling Android phones when they purchased Moto, but then ditched them.

It looks like the same thing will happen with wearables.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Microsoft Band...its oriented around fitness and thats why I bought it. Very very happy with it. Looking forward to the Band 2 next month.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Really the Gear S2 is awesome, but I can't trust Tizen will have the apps I want. I can't even browse what apps are available and what they do. I have essentially one specific reason for getting a smartphone, and as far as I know that app does not exist on Tizen (but it does on Androidwear).

It may come down to which one drops first - 3G Gear S2 (because it has GPS) or the Moto Sport.
Which one are you looking for?
I've got a S1 so I'll look it up for ya should you like. Might be a few hours before I respond back because I am going to work in a little and I leave my phone in my locker and just use my watch, whose browser loads DF very slowly so I just don't bother.
They've got a bunch for specific exercises, such as push up, sit ups, etc but I haven't seen any for generic weight lifting tracking but I haven't dug deeply either. If there's a name you're looking for I'll look for it

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4