Smartphone with no internet

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Samsung is building a phone, Galaxy J2 Pro, that will not have internet/data connections. It is being built for old fogies like me since I am not supposed to be technical enough to use one and for parents to get for their kids. I wonder if it will sell. They are releasing it in Korea first.

The Galaxy J2 Pro is being pushed for students and older folks, so the lack of data is a marketable advantage. Parents hoping to free their children from distraction can pick one up for the kiddo, and not have to worry about content from third-party apps or dank internet memes from corrupting their young minds, though they can still be reached by call and text. And seniors that might not be comfortable with technology can have something a bit more reliable and performane than a flip phone without worries about apps or data.

Samsung built a smartphone that doesn't connect to the internet

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Interesting. I think it would be great for children where parents have much better control over what their children have access to. Design a phone that allows access to apps & games that can be installed via connecting to a PC. It would be something I would consider for my kids if I they were still young.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Sooooooo......Samsung brought back the feature phone and re-branded it as a dumb smartphone?

Or is it more like an IPod, in which case how long before Apple sues them?

OP
me just sayin

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Sooooooo......Samsung brought back the feature phone and re-branded it as a dumb smartphone?

Or is it more like an IPod, in which case how long before Apple sues them?

it is the opposite of the ipod so no lawsuit by apple. ipod has wifi but no phone service, samsungs has phone service and no wifi.