Smartphone stats From Google

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
[video=youtube;CjUcq_E4I-s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjUcq_E4I-s&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - The Mobile Movement: Understanding Smartphone Consumers[/video]

If you’re a little unsure about how smartphones are changing the world, this video is here to help. The video was made to give you a few stats about how Android and other smart OS’s are affecting our daily life, how they are being used, and why it’s all good. The data source was not mentioned, but most likely a survey was performed to bring us hard information like this.

Enjoy the video and share with us whether you think the information provided is true to you, and if so, what do you think about it.

Source: Smartphone user study shows mobile movement under way - Google Mobile Ads Blog

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Interesting - I wish there was a way to quantify the unintended consequences of smartphones as well... of course, then they wouldn't be so unintended I guess. I'm thinking Nicholas Carr material, for example.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no anti-tech guy, and I think there are tremendous benefits to the technology we have, I just think there are consequences that are making their way through our society in a much more subtle, "behind the scenes", manner.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I don't mind mobile ads. They are small and get to the point. However, I have never clicked on one simply because I'm not interested in what it gives me. I don't shop much and when I do shop, I use stores/sites that I have used for a long time. Plus I prefer to do research for reviews and what not on my desktop. Just faster and easier to read.

debdroid1a

Reaction score
I'm one of those that use my cell phone while watching tv. I can't remember if I looked up anything because I saw it, but mostly for e-mail or to play games or read twitter.

My last Droid died while trying to scan a bar code in a store to get a review and prices of a TV on sale (it was a brand name I didn't know). I had used it before on a few other items too. Which does influence my shopping. I've used it on books too and once while looking at it on Amazon to see if it was on the kindle, I accidentally bought the book (wasn't on Kindle), checked my e-mail too late to stop the shipping. It was a book I was interested in so I didn't bother returning it.

jchammer123

Reaction score
I'm also one that uses it while watching tv, and shamefully while using the bathroom as well (only my own and only while sitting, lol)!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

SoDak

Reaction score
...The data source was not mentioned, but most likely a survey was performed to bring us hard information like this...

"GoogleMobileAds

04/13/11 — 13,864 views

This video presents key findings from "The Mobile Movement: Understanding Smartphone Consumers," a study from Google and conducted by Ipsos OTX, an independent market research firm. The findings come from research conducted at the end of 2010 among 5,013 US adult smartphone Internet users. Google commissioned this research with the objectives to better understand how smartphones are used in consumers' daily lives and how smartphones have influenced the ways consumers search, shop and respond to mobile advertising."

Jeyman

Reaction score
I find the ad's info really hard to believe, then again I dont see them on my phone. But even when I did(pre root) I never clicked one. Still if its true, very cool to see that its a great way to advertise.

Reaction score
after being on 1x connection i fixed it with the 79.... method and i got back on track with 3g, but now 4g wont turn on