Smartphone Sales on Day 74 - Motorola Droid the Winner!

GrillMouster

Reaction score
In all fairness, I think the success of the Droid is due, in large part, to the success of (and frustrations with) the iPhone. Additionally, is this comparison using the 1st gen iPhone? If so, I'm not sure it's an apples-to-apples comparison.

Anyway, I love my droid and I hope Android continues to increase in popularity.

cj1896

Reaction score
I think its awesome that droid outsold the iphone.

I am curious as to why its based on 74 days though. Whats the significance of '74'?

That is the benchmark to 1 million units set by the iphone which all other smartphones are measured. It took the iphone 74 days to sell 1 million units.

mustang125

Reaction score
I'm going from a BB curve to a Droid. I will not be disappointed. The curve has already done that for the past two years. If it isn't fast enough it can be fixed. You can't fix a first gen curve.

kmasum

Reaction score
This is all great but where is 2.1?

I am happy to see that the Droid is doing well but I'll get excited when I get that update for 2.1

here it comes buddy !! between march 18 to 20th for sure!!

spillner

Reaction score
This chart is crap. It compares the 1st gen iPhone. 74 days is when the iPhone first sold 1 million. The iPhone 3gs sold 1 million in much less time. Sorry guys but your celebrating nothing. That said, the Droid rocks:icon_ banana:

pointdexler

Reaction score
Just hope Motorola don't **** up the end game like they use to do it so very often... remember razr series..