Smartphone Notifications Cause ADHD like Symptoms?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's pretty sad how much of our lives revolve around our phones now. And honestly I wouldn't be surprised if a few new legitimate disorders pop up because of smartphones.
You mean like paranoia? Increase in auto accidents ? Folks falling into fountains or bumping into poles? Narcissism ? Fanboyism? Was that even heard of before the iPhone and Android?

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Neither of my parents ever check their notification drawer. Every time I get asked to "fix" something, the first thing I notice is a line of icons running along the top of their phones. It drives me crazy.
You mean like mine?
a9a72884d8f7e57d07c97a5576af1e77.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
The watch does vibrate with every notification, regardless of the phone settings, but I don't mind that.
That would bug the crap out of me having it constantly buzzing on my wrist, but hey if it works for you that's what's important. :)

As for switching back to a dumbphone, I'm not quite there yet. I held out purchasing a smartphone for as long as possible so I'm only on my 3rd true "smart"phone. It keeps me from being on my pc as much. I've got a 4 y/o gaming laptop that's like new. Aside from the Pro suite of Microsoft Office, I've only got 6 other third party programs installed, and I've got my smartphones to thank for that.

S5 tap'n

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
That would bug the crap out of me having it constantly buzzing on my wrist, but hey if it works for you that's what's important. :)

As for switching back to a dumbphone, I'm not quite there yet. I held out purchasing a smartphone for as long as possible so I'm only on my 3rd true "smart"phone. It keeps me from being on my pc as much. I've got a 4 y/o gaming laptop that's like new. Aside from the Pro suite of Microsoft Office, I've only got 6 other third party programs installed, and I've got my smartphones to thank for that.

S5 tap'n
wish I could say that about my PC.. I've got office, photoshop creative cloud, epic games two different ue4 versions, Maya 2015 Visual Studio 2015 and well you get the picture. oh and a whole lot of games and such

I swear every semester I have to add another program to get through another class.

Reactions: cr6