Smartphone Camera Reviews at DxOMark Share Some Surprising Top Devices

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Bottom line nobody comes close to Samsung and Apple with camera.. We have some big improvements but if you want top notch them two are the bad boys to get..

S6E+ tapatalk
One would Argue that Sony would Since their Sensors are used is alot of the current Phones including Variants of the S6, S6 Edge, S6 Edge Plus & Note 5 which is at the top of the list.

jbal52

Reaction score
I am assuming the S6 Edge and regular S6 have the same camera. Regardless, the camera on the S6 is pretty phenomenal. I have been able to grab some really awesome shots with it. It is one of the main reasons I want to stick with the phone, despite really wanting a phone with a larger screen.

Here's a few shots of my parents' dogs I shot that I think really show off how well the camera performs. Albeit, there is some editing done to them through Instagram, they still showcase the quality you can achieve with this shooter.
I'm a bit surprised but these are really gorgeous shots with incredible detail.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Bottom line nobody comes close to Samsung and Apple with camera.. We have some big improvements but if you want top notch them two are the bad boys to get..

S6E+ tapatalk
I'd argue that lg have long surpassed anything offered by Apple and is on par with samsung. Sony though is in a league of their own as they provide sensors to most manufacturers and have water and dust proof cameras in their devices. Go dive to the bottom of the ocean with your samsung or apple and let me know how images look ;)

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
One would Argue that Sony would Since their Sensors are used is alot of the current Phones including Variants of the S6, S6 Edge, S6 Edge Plus & Note 5 which is at the top of the list.
I'd agree wm but just from my short experience photos taken by Samsung phones just look better to me than those taken Sony.. I just find it funny since you're right on supplies.. IMO of course..
I'd argue that lg have long surpassed anything offered by Apple and is on par with samsung. Sony though is in a league of their own as they provide sensors to most manufacturers and have water and dust proof cameras in their devices. Go dive to the bottom of the ocean with your samsung or apple and let me know how images look ;)
I think that LG 4 definitely stepped it up.. Let's see how the new iPhone shows up.. And Sony is solid for sure.. Just for me something lacks in certain pics.. I'm not one for underwater pics so I take that out of the equation... Lol

S6E+ tapatalk

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
If im not mistaken but the Nexus 6 has the Same Camera as the Droid Turbo and I was really Happy with the Pics on my Turbo. Loving my Note 5 though

They aren't the same. The Turbo camera has more megapixels (21 on the turbo and 13 on the Nexus 6), but the Nexus 6 has OIS, which the turbo does not.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
They aren't the same. The Turbo camera has more megapixels (21 on the turbo and 13 on the Nexus 6), but the Nexus 6 has OIS, which the turbo does not.
I stand Corrected. Seems that was the other Major Difference between the 2 Devices. I do have to say though that the Droid Turbo takes some Fantastic Pictures and is pretty quick doing so.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Galaxy S5
20b0433ecbc7ca6798ab91aba57a4d7b.jpg

Note 4
95d3d5923cb1152bdab3afe9cca8b310.jpg

LG G4
acd70caf02e9f2765401461dc03b8344.jpg

Sent from my Verizon G4

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Lol, it was actually Not Your Father's Root Beer, and I had already taken a drink out of it lol. Yum yum!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Reactions: cr6

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Great pics Jackie, thanks for sharing!
I wish you could've taken a pic of the same thing with each camera....that would have given us a better idea as to which camera takes the better photo.
That said, they ALL look amazing and you really can't go wrong with any of these devices.

I'm with hammerhead..... that cupcake..drool....

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Sweet!
Hey....there's nothing wrong with that, hoarding tech is always a good thing in my book.
Between you and Smalltowngirl, our forum gets the best hands on real world reviews ever!

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Sweet!
Hey....there's nothing wrong with that, hoarding tech is always a good thing in my book.
Between you and Smalltowngirl, our forum gets the best hands on real world reviews ever!

Aww thanks! I went back to my Note 4 the other day, out of boredom lol. Now I'm tempted to buy the Edge+ full retail and possibly sell the G4 and S5 to offset it a bit. I just really need a great camera, and while the G4 was quite good, you just can't compare to Samsung, in my honest opinion.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I agree....that's the main reason I've stuck with Samsung for so long as well.
I'm really looking forward to seeing how (and "if" ) they can improve upon an already great camera, when the S7 drops.