Smartass and interactive governors on D2G

chrisl20

Reaction score
4x4...so I tried using the new experimental module and interactive gov, when I was using fission as my rom, it brought up a force close everytime I tried to set scaling freq's.... so, I downloaded the newest angelrom and retried... ended up working....set up 2 profiles screen on and screen off....seems that it has gotten significantly better, so im not sure if it was an issue w the experimental module(probly not), or fission, the more likely reason... as to why fission wasn't playing nice w droid overclock...I have no idea... ..I just know that as of now, overclocking my global doesn't seem like its a pointless endeavor anymore..

OP
J

jt1359

Reaction score
You don't need to use profiles if you're using the interactive gov. It should basically stay at 300 when the screen is off, that's the point of it I believe. And I never had problems with Droid Overclock on my phone with Fission, so it's probably an issue with your phone. It's good you got it working now though

chrisl20

Reaction score
..seems as if I've jynxed myself...after updating droid overclock I can't access the slider anymore and whenever I go to edit my profiles(via the menu button) it says 1300, until I hit save, then it dumbs it down to 1000 and wont let me bump that slider up to the 1.3 that is initially there...I think I have an old backup in titanium, I hope so, because I was gettin used to that xtra hour of battery I was sippin out of my bp6x's

keolawills

Reaction score
I am running the new module, and was on the smartass governor. My phone started overheating if i used it while charging. It kept the cpu at 1350. I have 2 profiles, screen on and off. Now im running the conservative governor. See how that acts.

Edit: seems that with conservative it took longer for the cpu to reach 1350, but it also stayed there longer. I think im going back to ondemand. I didnt think oc'ing to 1350 would cause my phone to overheat.

sent from a constantly evolving Angel

Last edited:

satoru

Reaction score
Way too much here, so I will keep it simple. I tried smartass and didn't like it. My phone got too hot too fast. Ondemand works best for me. I use two profiles. Screen on/off, 300/1000, and 300/300. I use low voltage setting. This has worked best for me so far, may change in the future. Also, I can't seem to get to 1.2ghz when changing the slider only when I set profile? Even when profiles are off. Maybe I set something wrong? Any info would help.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

chrisl20

Reaction score
I think the update from 2.1.6 to 2.1.7 threw a wrench into the works when trying to use the slider, oreven oc over 1ghz when customizing the profiles...im guna try to find a 2.1.6 download link somewhere..

satoru

Reaction score
I think the update from 2.1.6 to 2.1.7 threw a wrench into the works when trying to use the slider, oreven oc over 1ghz when customizing the profiles...im guna try to find a 2.1.6 download link somewhere..

Thought so

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

kptphalkon

Reaction score
ok...
a) chris your phone cannot handle 1400 mhz, and probably not even 1350 mhz for any appreciable period. sorry.

b) that quadrant score from poster #29 is with stagefright enabled, probably overclocked and tested immediately after the phone was cooled down (like in a bag in his freezer). this is how I can OC to 1.37 for like 2 minutes before the system hangs.

c) I have not ever noticed more than either a 10% increase in speed, at the loss of battery life and the gain of heat nor a useful gain in battery life versus stability, when overclocking or undervolting. Governers dont help much either.

chrisl20

Reaction score
I haven't had my phone@ 1.4 for a lonnng time, I've only been trying 1.3, which worked,...flawlessly...until droid oc had an update to 2.1.7, and now even when I try to go 1.2, 1.25,1.3, 1.35, whatever, it wont stick, and it wont even drop down to 1.2 stock setting, it reverts down to 1.0 ..which is lame... ..and on my droid 2, it ran 1.4 with no hitches at all, only downside was it(myp phone) got up to 110degrees after about an hour of hardcore use.. ..but, only tried to do 1.4 on my d2g one time and it went nowhere fast, so I toned it down to a lower, more reasonable setting