TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
It's a logical solution.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Yeah, but we're back to not working again. Makes no sense because when I go to edit one of my locations, it has me located dead center in that trusted location. I'm baffled!
7ab795186ee7359a2f8d553b7f524388.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
M

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but we're back to not working again. Makes no sense because when I go to edit one of my locations, it has me located dead center in that trusted location. I'm baffled!
7ab795186ee7359a2f8d553b7f524388.jpg

I noticed the same thing this morning. I was going to walk my phone into the radius of the zone to see if it would start working on its own, but when I opened the Trusted Place, I was already inside the circle.

OP
M

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
And now it is not working at all.
Prior to today, when the feature would not work, I could edit my trusted place, or delete it and set it up again, and it would continue to work for most of the day. I've tried editing, and deleting-setting back up, but it does NOT work for me now.
I'll see if a reboot helps.

EDIT 5 minutes later.
Reboot alone did not help, but then afterwards I edited the Trusted Place location, and it began to work again.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Editing the Trusted Location is what used to always do the trick when this issue was present back around 2014.

I should have a new work phone in the next few days and I'm going to try Trusted Location when I set it up (if the Mobile Iron security rules allow it) and see how it works for me. I have too many Bluetooth devices setup as Trusted Devices on my personal phone to test Trusted Location.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
sounds like you cannot trust the trusted location feature anymore. It is not worth it if you have to keep setting it.
It had some issues back around 2014, but has worked pretty good since. Can't just give up on it completely, some kind of update (s) fixed it once before.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
M

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
What is frustrating is that the trusted location feature has worked flawlessly since Sept., then it took a dump. I don't recall any updates right before it quit working either, other than app updates.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
What is frustrating is that the trusted location feature has worked flawlessly since Sept., then it took a dump. I don't recall any updates right before it quit working either, other than app updates.

willing to bet there has been several so called security updates since.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks

willing to bet there has been several so called security updates since.
I'm wondering if something as simple as an update to Google Maps can have anything to do with it? Idk how much that effects your overall location info, but it's the only APP update I can think of that would make any sense outside of security patches or OS updates.