Smart Lock Brainstorming

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Discussions' started by Miller6386, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Miller6386

Miller6386 Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +1,719
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 4
    Twitter:
    CoreyFMiller
    I am creating this thread more as a way for us to brainstorm a way to get Smart Lock to work better with Locations....

I have been playing with mine and found I can set my HOME location in Locations by the WiFi network I am connected too..... It only seems logical there is some way to set that as what location is seen by the Smart Lock feature as opposed to wanting to pull a maps location.....

I went in and set Smart Lock up directly by where is shows my location is on Maps and it still only works about 50% of the time...

2. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +8,379
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL
    Twitter:
    jonny_ks
    Unfortunately, setting your home wifi there is a Samsung thing & smart lock is an android/Google thing, so I'm thinking we'll have to hold our breath for an update to smart lock to see such functionality.

It IS a fairly new feature, so there's hope.

Sent from my Note 4

3. jhom

jhom Active Member

Ratings:
    +33
    Smart Lock Trusted Places is broke. I've been using it on my Nexus 7 (2013) since when it became available with the Lollipop update. Now it doesn't work. I'm getting the same results with the Note 4 Lollipop update. Instead the On Body Smart Lock works. I think it was broken with the new Google Play Services update. Hopefully, Google will fix it with the next Google Play Services update.

#3 jhom, Apr 9, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
    • Like Like x 1