1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Smart Actions

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR' started by wooooowwe, Dec 24, 2011.

1. wooooowwe

wooooowwe New Member

Is there a way to make smart actions run on mobile data instead of Wi-Fi

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  2. DeeMat

DeeMat New Member

To my understanding, there is no such option available at this time - but that is the option that many of us would prefer (i.e. since there is no WiFi at work!).
  3. wooooowwe

wooooowwe New Member

Dang. Same here. Maybe ICS?

4. yoonssoo

yoonssoo New Member

I wish it had an option to turn on and off 4G...

5. bolden88

bolden88 New Member

notify me for 4g

I would like a sound when I have 4g. Only a few zones around me.
  6. droidvip

droidvip New Member

I have several smart actions set up. Some with location triggers and low battery triggers etc... Smart actions won't start automatically and also will not shut of when I leave a location turned on by location trigger. Any ideas as to why its not working?

7. FoxKat

FoxKat DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Wifi must be on for smart actions to work based on location. Other triggers can be set up without Wifi, and they will work fine. If you need to keep Wifi off to conserve power, try the Verizon WIFI on utility. It will turn on WIFI based on your location as indicated by the cellular network.

8. Skoon

Skoon New Member

Just received Jelly Bean update 4.1.2 (Verizon). The update broke the SmartActions "Play music" action. It ALWAYS shows the following message: "No playlists found. You can add and manage playlists from most music player apps downloadable from the Google Play Store." (see attached picture). I used the pre-installed Google app "Play Music" to generate a playlist but SmartActions cannot find it. I've downloaded several music manager apps and generated playlists from each. Still, SmartActions "Play music" action cannot find the playlists and displays the error message. I talked to Verizon's level 2 tech support and they could not find a solution or even a workaround. Verizon would not even try to reproduce the problem on an actual phone. They did, however give me Motorola's tech support phone number to call. The tech I contacted at Motorola was sharp :hail:. He rounded up a Droid Razr Maxx (same as mine) which had the new release on it and tried it. He was able to reproduce my results within 20 minutes, as compared to Verizon's 2+ hours with no results. Bottom line: Motorola is now aware of the issue and is working to find a solution/workaround. Will post whatever Motorola comes up with.

View attachment 61376
Search tags for this page

android smart actions not rule

my smart action on my droid won't start