Smart Actions problems

stafinois

Reaction score
I'm running the .246 leak on my bionic. I'm trying to get smart actions set up, but it doesn't seem to work as I would expect. At first, I only had one rule designed, but it wouldn't activate when all of the parameters were reached. Any input?

View attachment 56612

I also used this one at work, but it is only reducing the volume of some notifications.

View attachment 56613

I was using Llama on GB to control sound profiles, but even that had some issues. I'd love to find one that does everything I want, which is basically adjust sound levels at certain times and locations with the ability to allow some numbers to ring loudly.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

SnydersWeb

Reaction score
I'm running the .246 leak on my bionic. I'm trying to get smart actions set up, but it doesn't seem to work as I would expect. At first, I only had one rule designed, but it wouldn't activate when all of the parameters were reached. Any input?

One thing you can do is to "pull" the triggers to the right to disable them to see what rule isn't' triggering. The triggers are a this AND that AND .. to fire. On your first rule - I would consider disabling/removing your rule for the Wireless - mostly because you might get blasted if the wireless drops for any reason.

I also used this one at work, but it is only reducing the volume of some notifications.

I was using Llama on GB to control sound profiles, but even that had some issues. I'd love to find one that does everything I want, which is basically adjust sound levels at certain times and locations with the ability to allow some numbers to ring loudly.

I used to use Locale myself for doing things like this. One thing you are running into here is the master volume can be set, but the Notifications volume cannot be set in SmartActions. Personally I'm not pleased by this and hope that Motorola will enhance that in the future for far greater granularity. You can get to those by Settings > Sound > Volumes.

z96Cobra

Reaction score
I've been using Setting Profiles for a few years and it works much better than Smart Actions, for me. Smart Actions would work about 95% of the time, but it's extremely slow to switch settings when your rules are met.

linuxgator

Reaction score
I couldn't help but notice that the Sleep Rule in your pictures isn't enabled, you have to tap on the icon and it will turn a blueish color and say Ready next to it when it is enabled. Also, if you had it enabled and it wasn't working, how is it charging? If it isn't plugged directly into the computer via usb, I think you should set the charging type to wall plug. I think it works that way even if you're using a dock, but i'm not entirely sure.

OP
stafinois

stafinois

Reaction score
It started working when I got rid of the charging rule. I guess I'll just have to experiment some more.

Sent from my .247 ICS DROID BIONIC