Smart Actions not quite as smart as I would like.

Discussion in 'RAZR HD and RAZR HD MAXX Support' started by turbodave, Jan 9, 2013.

1. turbodave

turbodave Member

Ratings:
    +10
    I wanted to modify the "Drive" smart action so it would answer texts with one of the stock reply's, BUT....not only with the trigger of being connected to a bluetooth, I wanted to add another trigger such as moving more than 15 mph. So that it would be triggered even when driving one of my non blue tooth vehicles. Couldn't find such a trigger. :angry:

2. pksopp

pksopp Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Could you use the headphone jack?

3. turbodave

turbodave Member

Ratings:
    +10
    I'm not talking about phone calls. I want to send "texters" one of the stock messages that tells them I'm driving and will get back to them as soon as it's safe to do so.

4. dmbatcofc

dmbatcofc Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I know it would be cool to have this feature, however, this would require constant GPS activation. In its current state, the GPS only updates periodically based on your GPS/application preferences. Measuring real-time speed all of the time would significantly decrease phone performance, namely battery. Additionally... it has been my experience that those I text message know I'll get back to them as soon as I can; others can wait.

5. pksopp

pksopp Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm not talking about phone calls, either. You can set a rule based on the jack being plugged in. So if you're non-Bluetooth car had an audio jack, give that a try. I use a rule called Pandora for driving that turns up the volume, starts Pandora and auto replies to texts with "driving, will get back to you" whenever it's plugged in, since it's the only time i use the cable.

Would that work for you?

6. pksopp

pksopp Member

Ratings:
    +1
    and can i also turn this thread into whining about GM bluteooth only working with calls and not music? I want UConnect! :frown:

7. turbodave

turbodave Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Probably not. I don't use the phone for music entertainment. I've got a hard drive juke box in my car entertainment system with over 30 CD loaded so that's all the music I need, and only listen to that when out away from my local radio stations.

8. turbodave

turbodave Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Understand.

9. Redsnk95

Redsnk95 Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Dave, yea I thought about the same thing. I currently have a rule (like yours) that when the Bluetooth is connected, auto-reply text messages are activated. I am required by my job to use a bluetooth headset when driving so it works good for me as is.

10. KaChow

KaChow Active Member

Ratings:
    +143
    Just a thought... But what about reposting this thread over in the SmartActions Development area? Afterall it is a general discussion area and perhaps topics such as these can be of value.

Search tags for this page

drive smart actions

drive smartaction

droid razr m drive smart

droid razr m smart actions

how to get drive smart action to work

reviews on application drive smartaction

smart actions drive

smart actions droid why is posting on facebook i'm driving c

trigger phone action when moving mph

what is drive smart action