"Small" Update AT&T Note4

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It was about 160MB, didn't seem to change anything except used over 30% battery to do so and the phone was about hot enough to cook on while it was installing.
I read it was supposed to address security issues and some other stuff but I haven't noticed anything different other than it prompted an update to my Gear Manager app in conjunction that made my S unable to connect to the phone until taking that update as well.
I'm guessing it's the same security update all carriers are pushing out except I had a choice to accept and install. I'd read some carrier (don't remember who) was force updating/installing theirs.
I'll post back if I notice anything later but it seems exactly the same as it was yesterday, Android System still #1 battery user, still getting random alerts from Watch Dog that this or that (mostly Android System) spiked in cpu usage while the phone was asleep.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I had a gear manager update as well.

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had a gear manager update as well.
Did yours refuse to connect until you updated the GM? I even had a friggin message stating unable to connect until taking update !?!

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I don't have the watch. GM is used for the my Circle headset. It worked just fine even though the GM update notice sat in my Notification Bar for a few hours.