"Small" Update AT&T Note4

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Discussions' started by mountainbikermark, Jul 24, 2015.

1. mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,348
    It was about 160MB, didn't seem to change anything except used over 30% battery to do so and the phone was about hot enough to cook on while it was installing.
    I read it was supposed to address security issues and some other stuff but I haven't noticed anything different other than it prompted an update to my Gear Manager app in conjunction that made my S unable to connect to the phone until taking that update as well.
    I'm guessing it's the same security update all carriers are pushing out except I had a choice to accept and install. I'd read some carrier (don't remember who) was force updating/installing theirs.
    I'll post back if I notice anything later but it seems exactly the same as it was yesterday, Android System still #1 battery user, still getting random alerts from Watch Dog that this or that (mostly Android System) spiked in cpu usage while the phone was asleep.

Support Our Troops !!!
    <><
    Beast Mode 4

2. Ollie

Ollie Droid Does

Ratings:
    +2,483
    Current Phone Model:
    Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
    I had a gear manager update as well.

3. mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,348
    Did yours refuse to connect until you updated the GM? I even had a friggin message stating unable to connect until taking update !?!

Support Our Troops !!!
    <><
    Beast Mode 4

4. Ollie

Ollie Droid Does

Ratings:
    +2,483
    Current Phone Model:
    Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
    I don't have the watch. GM is used for the my Circle headset. It worked just fine even though the GM update notice sat in my Notification Bar for a few hours.

• Like Like x 1