Small Lag When Switching Screens

czonin

Reaction score
Loving 2.4 so just wanted to say thanks to BD and everyone else. Just 1 thing that annoys me that I had in 2.3 too. When im scrolling across my home screens I get a small lag spike for a second before it goes to the next screen. Is there an option in UD Settings or ADW that I could change that would fix this?

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
did you use spare parts to speed up animations?
i dont use adw for this reason, but it wasnt nearly as bad in 2.4 as it was previously for me.

RaptorKC

Reaction score
Same happened to me in 2.3. hours debugging finally found that having 'scrollable widgets' enabled was causing this. try unchekcing it in the ADW launcher config.

OP
czonin

czonin

Reaction score
Disabling scrollable widgets worked at first but then the same lag started again.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
You do know you have a desktop scroll speed setting under the screen preferences option of the adw settings right. I have mine cranked to almost 0 as well as bounce or bound... whatever its called and my screens move fast with no lag.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Are you using a calendar widget? I'm using android agenda widget and I notice if I have two separate calendars on separate screens that I get a lag, so I've removed one for now until I figure it out.

OP
czonin

czonin

Reaction score
You do know you have a desktop scroll speed setting under the screen preferences option of the adw settings right. I have mine cranked to almost 0 as well as bounce or bound... whatever its called and my screens move fast with no lag.

Ya I knew about them but didn't think they would have any effect on the lag. Just dropped both the settings close to 0. Gonna let it run for awhile, hopefully it fixes it. Thanks!

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Yeah with the scroll speed set slower there will be a pause when you slide your finger across the screen if you slid too fast. I can slide across the screen very fast with no lag at the settings I have.

RaptorKC

Reaction score
Yeah, the scrollable widgets really isn't the issue. with more digging the fastest for my phone:
Under System Preferences:
Wallpaper hack = on
Scrolling Cache = disabled

Under Screen preferences:
Desktop scrolling speed = 0