Small K-9 Mail issue

FootballRef

Reaction score
Recently K-9 has been "re-downloading" messages.

For instance. Every 3 or 4 days, it seems like it goes back and pulls everything in my inbox telling that I have that many new messages. Usually when this happens I have already read all but 1 or 2 of them. So, I end up with duplicate messages on my phone.

Anyone else had an issue like this? I like the K-9 program and have no plans to go away from it, would just like a resolution to this.

soonster

Reaction score
my only problem on K9 mail is if I instantly delete new incoming email, 2mins later I get a replica email again. I usually keep new incoming emails there for 10mins before delete now. guess it's not a true fix but works for me.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've used K9 since January. I've not had any issues nor have I received old emails. My senses is some setting is out of focus.

Mike

OP
FootballRef

FootballRef

Reaction score
I've used K9 since January. I've not had any issues nor have I received old emails. My senses is some setting is out of focus.

Mike
Yeah, that is what you would think. I have used it since March and not changed anything, other than updating it when an update comes out.

Oh well, if it happens again I will comb through my settings

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I have not had the issue with re-d/ling (I only use it for exchange), but it will constantly show messages as unread.

And I have the same issue with gmail - when I delete or mark messages read, it doesn't change it on the server (eventhough I have checked these options). One of the nuisances that keeps android from effectively competing with RIM.

Everything syncs for me, sort of, but it only seems to sync one-way from server-to-Droid (i.e., changes made on the Droid don't show up on my server accounts).