small issue with the rom

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by cromo8, Aug 23, 2010.

1. cromo8

cromo8 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    running SS 4.7 and its awesome and stable and fast

anyway my GF broke her charger on her phone so i had to give her mine right now i only have a USB cable that i can use, and well as we all know takes longer to charge on the computer and the cable is like 2 feet long

but here is the issue since i am plugged in to charge every time i slide open the keyboard or close it aks for USB connection as if just plugged in for the first time

for example its sitting there i get a message i unlock screen there it is, i clear it if i dont want it mounted slide open the keyboard and it asks me again, i reply close the keyboard and there it is again

also when the phone is just sitting there if im getting a call its almost impossible to answer it if plugged in because of a small delay plus i have to unlock then clear the USB mounting

hope i didnt just blab

thank you for the help

2. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    Hey ... I have had maybe 2-3 people tops that have had this issue - I do not know why you are having it, but I have not had the problem, and cannot reproduce it ... need some background on where you came from, what ROM, did you wipe, use rstapps or titanium, etc

3. cromo8

cromo8 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    came from lithmod using the evodroid theme

uses titanium for all of my apps, yes wiped three times

i could try to redownload your rom, im using SS blue

4. ChevyNo1

Ratings:
    +5
    I would suggest another download, follow the same procedure as last time - let me know if that cures it

5. cromo8

cromo8 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    no its still doing the same thing

6. ChevyNo1

Ratings:
    +5
    I honestly don't know what to tell you - I can't reproduce it, and extremely few have had this problem ... I have reloaded this ROM myself at least 30 times and haven't seen that once ...

7. cromo8

cromo8 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    oh hey man no worries not holding anything against you, and not like begging you for a fix, just reporting a bug, love your work, i can use my camera to show you a video if you want

8. TedWilliams

TedWilliams Member

Born in Cambridge, MA but now live in Portland, OR
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just thought I'd chime in here. You mentioned using Titanium to reinstall your apps and what not. Try Chevy's suggestion again, but when you go to restore your apps, make sure you're only installing apps and not system data. You can also go down the list of apps that are about to restored and just double check that they aren't ones that could be causing the problem. It's really the only thing I can think of that would be bringing the issue about.

9. grandkai

grandkai New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have had the same problem but must say was not with this ROM. Originally when I got the phone when they first came out and before rooting/flashing a call would come in and the USB would be plugged, the phone would freeze up. Since then I had used BB and the same happened when transferring files by USB, the phone would either freeze or be so non responsive I could not answer the call. I have not tried it since switching to SS since now I have found I can do all the transferring through wifi. Can test on SS if you would like to know if same happens on this ROM as well but I do suspect it is the hardware more than anything.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2010