Small issue and a word for the Dev's....all please read.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
First off I want to apologize to all of you (Dev's and members alike) for all the posts I made about issues. I have realized that all of them were basically user error and not issues with the ROM. I also want to thank you guys for all your hard work on designing a wonderful ROM for us and can't wait to see what else you guys have in store for the future of Liberty.

Second, I want to apologize to all of you forum members for having to deal with my millions of noob questions and comments. I realize now that most of those were either due to me not understanding or just being a dumbass. It is most apparent to me now that I have a much better understanding of what I am doing here.

Last....the issue....I found that when I called 611 last night, and had the phone on speaker that no matter how many times I entered my password it kept saying it was incorrect. I could hear what sounded like an echo over the line. I tried again today with the same effect.

A FYI....I have also noticed that Backup Assistant is not part of this ROM and is apparently a very difficult APK to find. I would appreciate any assistance finding this as one of my friends who installed Liberty yesterday is without his contacts today.

I am rocking the Gingerbread Blue Theme I DL'd from the toolbox. No mod's.

Thank you guys again for putting up with me and I apologize again for implying that there were issues with this ROM in my previous posts. I have now brought 12 people over to the Liberty team and intend on bringing more.dancedroid

TheRealKrobar

Reaction score
It's funny you mention the echo, I hadn't posted yet as it's not caused me any problems, but I've noticed when typing my voicemail password in that it sounds like there's an echo at each key press, almost as if there are 2 keys being pressed at the same time. It's close enough that, like I said, it doesn't cause me any problems, just weird sounding. :)

I'm using Mysterious Beast theme with 1.5, no other mods active.

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
1st if you have a question post it your not making anyone made on here (per spas) "we were all noobs at one time" some people forget that.....and yes this is an issue mine is doing the same thing if it's on speaker it want let me put it in but I dont c it as a big deal so I just deal with it....and backup assistance doesn't work with the droid (unless it was fixed) you just sync it with your google account or IMO just export them to your sd card and they will always be right there that's saved me quit a few times

louy99

Reaction score
1st if you have a question post it your not making anyone made on here (per spas) "we were all noobs at one time" some people forget that.....and yes this is an issue mine is doing the same thing if it's on speaker it want let me put it in but I dont c it as a big deal so I just deal with it....and backup assistance doesn't work with the droid (unless it was fixed) you just sync it with your google account or IMO just export them to your sd card and they will always be right there that's saved me quit a few times

What did you use to export them to the sdcard?

Liberated Droid2 Yo!!

OP
N

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
That is a great idea. ok...once I get him back up running I will do just that. Thank you.

So the echo....is it only on speaker?

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Have him restore his backup, backup his cantacts to SDCARD, then reinstall liberty and import them to the gmail account.

OP
N

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
That is an option I didn't really want to consider. We are 1500 miles away from each other and walking him through most of this via text and phone calls. But I guess you gotta do what you gotta do right?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Have him go to the Verizon website and my Verizon or whatever its called. From there you can access your backup assistant account and extract a file of all the contacts. Then you can either import that file to your Gmail acct on the computer and let it sync to the phone, or place it on the phones SD card and import it into the contacts app.

tappin and a talkin

jdog94

Reaction score
always make sure you contacts sync with google and you will not lose them and get titanium back up for the rest

OP
N

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I finally got him sorted out. Thank you guys for all the advise and input. We ended up finding his login info for Backup Assistant and exporting\importing his contacts.

I do have something else for the Dev's....apparently the Gingerbread Purple theme has corrupted files.

Question regarding themes. Is there going to be any fix for the issues that some of the themes cause? I am interested in running the Watermark but I have zero issues with GB Blue so I am afraid to change.