small annoyances

BeachGirlNJ

Reaction score
After my first day with my new Droid, I admit I'm a bit on the fence with it. Probably just getting-used-to-it frustration. There are a few things that I'm finding really annoying, I'm wondering if anyone knows if there are apps I can download or otherwise change these issues:

1) having to drag that green arrow to answer a call. What is the point of that? I have to hold the unit with one hand and do the slide with the other. Quite inconvenient and awkward. Can I somehow change to just a button-press?

2) the calendar doesn't show my appointments, just a blue bar indicator. I have to then press the blue bar to see the actual appointment info. Unnecessary extra steps. Is there a better calendar app maybe?

3) widgets. Can I remove some of the built-in widgets that I don't use? I don't necessarily care about uninstalling them, just want to un-clutter and keep only what I'll use.

4) battery life. I hope it's just because I've been using it alot today, that's why I had to re-charge it already!

Any advice of these issues would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Cindi

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome welcome.

Lets see...

1) Not sure

2) Maybe try another calendar app? or add the calendar widget to one of your home screens?

3) Press and hold the widget, the app drawer will change to a garbage can, then drag the icon to the trash. Adding widgets is the same process, long press on the screen.

4) Lots of people have seen their battery life improve over use. Charge and discharge it a few times. I can regularly get 16-20 hours with normal use.

tehpriest

Reaction score
1. I agree. I am waiting for someone to bring out an app to use the volume rocker as an answer/divert button. The reason you have to slide is to prevent accidentally answering in your pocket.

2. Use the agenda in the settings menu

3. You can put them in the app drawer but not remove them but they do not take up internal storage space as they are in the system folder.

4 Yes it does improve if you can resist playing with it all the time.... I can't

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
After my first day with my new Droid, I admit I'm a bit on the fence with it.
At first, like you, I was not convinced that I made a good choice. After two weeks, however, I knew I had.

Probably just getting-used-to-it frustration. There are a few things that I'm finding really annoying, I'm wondering if anyone knows if there are apps I can download or otherwise change these issues:

1) having to drag that green arrow to answer a call. What is the point of that?

Not positive but I think it was copied from iPhone. While it may not be the most convenient way it does prevent accidental calls, web access, etc.

I have to hold the unit with one hand and do the slide with the other. Quite inconvenient and awkward. Can I somehow change to just a button-press?

2) the calendar doesn't show my appointments, just a blue bar indicator. I have to then press the blue bar to see the actual appointment info. Unnecessary extra steps. Is there a better calendar app maybe?
There are several calendar apps. Pure calendar a paid app is very popular. CalWidget is nice and free.

3) widgets. Can I remove some of the built-in widgets that I don't use? I don't necessarily care about uninstalling them, just want to un-clutter and keep only what I'll use.

Yes do a long press and drag to the trash at the bottom of your screen.

4) battery life. I hope it's just because I've been using it alot today, that's why I had to re-charge it already!

Battery drain is a common issue with these devices.

Any advice of these issues would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Cindi

Hope this helps and that you enjoy your Droid.

Mike

mikenilson

Reaction score
For the calendar, press the menu button and change to weekly view and you will see your appointments more clearly!