Sluggish

NumerousMango

Reaction score
My droid 1 seems to be very sluggish lately and it takes up to a minute for my launcher to respond after closing an app. I am currently running ADW launcher and have swype installed. I also occasionally get a message saying that my phone storage space is low in my notifications. I have heard that task killers are very bad, so any tips to speed up my phone, seeing as though I have to hold it for another year until I am eligible for any kind of upgrade.

qat

Reaction score
My droid 1 seems to be very sluggish lately and it takes up to a minute for my launcher to respond after closing an app. I am currently running ADW launcher and have swype installed. I also occasionally get a message saying that my phone storage space is low in my notifications. I have heard that task killers are very bad, so any tips to speed up my phone, seeing as though I have to hold it for another year until I am eligible for any kind of upgrade.

Starting from the top, I don't use any task managers on my phone, and have never had a problem with my original Motorola Droid. Swype might be a bit of a hog when it's running, but nothing the phone can't handle.

Maybe go through your phone and remove any old apps that you don't use regularly. If that doesn't solve it, sometimes these phones just need a good old fashioned factory reset!

Take a peek at http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-faq/2071-how-hard-reset-your-motorola-droid.html for a hard reset.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
How many apps have you installed?

Do you have a lot of widgets on the home screens?
Do you have any apps using auto refresh settings? What are the intervals?

Raydee35

Reaction score
Myself and my wife are both having the same sluggish problems that you are. I am using Swype and she is not, her phone is actually slower than mine. I was going to wipe my phone clean again but was afraid to lose some of the apps or data that I have on the phone now.

iamjoe

Reaction score
I have the DROID 1 too and I am having the same issues. I use swype and I have launcher pro beta installed too. If I do a factory reset what do I have to do to get my apps back? I have astro installed.

I need to get my DROID back!

OP
NumerousMango

NumerousMango

Reaction score
Thank you for the advice evryone, what I did was uninstall old apps as well as took away two of my home screens, which is a feature of ADW, and I am noticing considerable increases in speed.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

dwagner88

Reaction score
I find that mine gets sluggish when I run the same ROM for a long period of time. After a wipe and a new ROM, it speeds up again for a while, then starts to get sluggish again. It becomes most evident when launcher pro redraws start to paralyze the phone for half a minute at a time. I'm kinda fed up with it. I've got an upgrade coming soon, I'll probably use it to get the Mecha/Inc. HD