Slowww shadowRom??

Discussion in 'ShadowROM' started by abraham3660, Nov 1, 2010.

1. abraham3660

abraham3660 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey everyone I have a og droid and flashed shadowrom bout a week ago. I did a full data wipe and cache wipe. Ever since last week my phone has been slow and VERY laggy. What is the problem? I hear everyone else saying how fast is. Is my phone just different? Or does it not play nice with launcher pro? I am using stock kernel

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

2. donerico

donerico Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I use launcher pro and shadowrom and get no lag or red-draws even with the stock kernel (I installed P3 1.1 Ghz just for the fun of it). I have never got the huge quadrant scores that many people report, the highest I get with Shadow and P3 is a bit over 1500, but the phone runs great.
    Is launcherpro set to always stay in memory? Also, try uninstalling apps that you don't use, specially if they run in the background.

3. chewy74

chewy74 Active Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Try this...

from samsonite801:

If you use ADW or LauncherPro and if after using your browser, email or any other apps for awhile, then if you press the 'HOME' button, if it takes forever to redraw your home screen, and you are sick of that HORRIBLE LAG, then try this: In a terminal, type su and enter. Then type echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 >> /data/local.prop and enter. Then reboot. Now evaluate whether or not this fixes your lag. If you want to undo what this command does, simply remove that toggle from: /data/local.prop

To remove the toggle: In Root Explorer, go to /data/, tap Mount R/W at the top, then long-press on local.prop and Open in Text Editor, then delete the line: ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1.

4. Squadalah_man

Squadalah_man Member

mountain view, callifornia (home of google and the
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I think having a swap cache on sdcard is good to make up for whatever lag the rom/kernel can't handle and move apps to sd or backup/uninstall them with TB (its basicaly an infitite storage) but ya the p3 1.1 standard 250 to 1100 is the best kernel I can recomend. Read my thread about best kernels for more info.

Squadala we are off!